Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2007, 07:13 AM

Default Official review thread, Bond18, Tilt $75

Alright guys, thought i'd get the ball rolling here by starting off with a Tilt 25k guarantee i went deep in and got like 14th today. It's a decent HH to review because i was kind of out of it today and didn't play great, and theres big stack and short stack in here.

Sorry about the mix up in the earlier thread, i had asked tilt to forward me the HH of the one i thought i won, but i guess i got the date wrong. Tilt HH's have the annoying habit of being broken up every time you move tables, so you to get a complete one you have to request it from support.

Thanks to everyone who PM'd me with offers to ship in HH's, i think i'll come up with a list or schedule or something.

Here's the link:

http://www.pokerxfactor.com/HA82209/...%20Master/8550

For those who don't know you need to make a log in but don't have to pay anything.

So go ahead and question/comment on all hands you like, and i'll be around to check in regularly tomorrow.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:46 AM

Default Re: Official review thread, Bond18, Tilt $75

27. I like checkraising the turn with the boat better than donking the river.

90. I guess you are really anti-limping, but when hijack limps, I would just limp behind with the 3s. This gives you good implied odds for a set and position to take the pot postflop.

122. ComeonPhish is LAG regular, but he raised over 4x BB from hijack. He actually had AQ, which makes me think 4x from him has its conventional online meaning, and he was likely to have a pp that dominated your 77, so I would not resteal here.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:32 PM

27. I like checkraising the turn with the boat better than donking the river.

Agreed, i think that was unnecessarily fancy and lost value.

90. I guess you are really anti-limping, but when hijack limps, I would just limp behind with the 3s. This gives you good implied odds for a set and position to take the pot postflop.

Actually with stacks, i think limp>raise here. Had there been antes though, i lean towards raising.

122. ComeonPhish is LAG regular, but he raised over 4x BB from hijack. He actually had AQ, which makes me think 4x from him has its conventional online meaning, and he was likely to have a pp that dominated your 77, so I would not resteal here.

I thought hard about this one. Had some random 4 X'd i'd fold, i figured COP having played so much couldn't possibly be stupid enough to turn his hand face up for the standard 4X raise of 77-QQ/AQ/AK. I was wrong.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:04 AM

Incidently, this is more appropriate for HSMTT, and the one you posted from the $25 MTT in HSMTT had a lot of basic errors and was more appropriate to SSMTT.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Incidently, this is more appropriate for HSMTT, and the one you posted from the $25 MTT in HSMTT had a lot of basic errors and was more appropriate to SSMTT.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing, maybe he got them mixed up?
Old 09-08-2007, 12:02 PM

hand 56: you raise limper with Ts8s and get a Kc Jc Qd flop and c bet. Don't you think the chance of being cr'd off this hand is very high and it'd be best just to check? If he checks again on turn maybe think about c betting then?

btw: is this a specific read on villain that you raised with this hand pre-flop, or do you often raise here regardless of reads?
Old 09-08-2007, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hand 56: you raise limper with Ts8s and get a Kc Jc Qd flop and c bet. Don't you think the chance of being cr'd off this hand is very high and it'd be best just to check? If he checks again on turn maybe think about c betting then?

btw: is this a specific read on villain that you raised with this hand pre-flop, or do you often raise here regardless of reads?

[/ QUOTE ]

This hand caught my eye also, esp since a lot of low stakes players would just limp along with T8s in this spot. The villian seemed pretty loose and not very good. He had open limped a few times and limped behind a limper frequently. He usually called a raise after he limped. Since the villian usually calls a raise, was this an isolation play? How weak a hand would you iso with?

and thanks for posting this HH, much appreciated.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:57 PM

I thought hand 106 was a little overly loose. UTG raised, MP re-raised, and a push with AJo? I noticed GDS had been your nemesis earlier, raising a lot of your PFR and C-bets. Did you just put him on a move, and coupled that with Pohker getting it in with ATs the hand before?
Old 09-08-2007, 07:39 PM

I thought for a bit on this flop. Because villain is pretty passive and weak i think he's a good one to isolate pre with a raise. I think a good chunk of his range is small and mid pairs, but theres also a lot that hits this board. The bet here is questionable, but since he's kind of passive i think he's more likely to check call the flop and we can take a free river to our OE if we like.
Old 09-08-2007, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, back with the 25 we didn't really do them in SSMTT yet. With this i said i'd get the ball rolling but after realized this was closest thing i had to an appropriate smaller one where i went semi deep.