Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2007, 08:53 PM

Default Re: Low-Stakes Multi-Tablers: Moving up to Career Play

Kevin writes:

[ QUOTE ]
My ROI would decrease, my amount of tables hourly would decrease, and I don't think extra attention would help anywhere near enough to make up for this ... Studying until I am beating my current game well enough to justify moving up with the same amount of tables is just a better choice.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right, all SNG decisions are player-dependent.
However, I strongly disagree that your ROI would decrease. Also, studying can be particularly effective while you are actually playing (e.g., verbalizing the thought process, verifying you made a correct push/fold decision immediately after the fact with ICM software, etc.)

Zasterguava, I apologize if my wording sounded tacky, but I am running a zero-price contest to promote my site. Entering is therefore +EV for the entrant, and that is all I meant.

Venetian, there are certainly ample players hitting 10%+ ROI at $55's+, but I think few are 8-tabling (some certainly, but a minority). If you are looking to increase your ROI, the point of my post is you may want to consider decreasing the number of tables you're playing. It wasn't long ago that 4-tabling was considered substantial....

-- Collin