Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 01:04 PM

Default mp gets raised or c/r constantly

My image in all of these is ~22/18 aggro in earlier streets (common tag)

villain 25/8/3
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) Party Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($167)
BB ($231.40)
UTG ($181.87)
Hero ($202.30)
CO ($226.13)
Button ($52.90)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>, CO calls $7, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: ($17) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $13</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $26</font>, Hero

villain 45/15/2
okerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($265.25)
Hero ($201)
MP ($251.45)
CO ($214.45)
Button ($187)
SB ($202)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls $6.

Flop: ($17) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $12</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $30</font>, Hero

villain 35/25/2
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (5 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($239)
Button ($236.05)
SB ($258.30)
BB ($181.15)
UTG ($198.75)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls $6.

Flop: ($17) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $12</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $26</font>, Hero

One cure could be to start checking flops ip with these kind of hands.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:18 PM

Default Re: mp gets raised or c/r constantly

1. Hand &gt; easy fold

2. Hand &gt; fold

3. Hand &gt; reraise could be good here, but iam a calling station and i would fold

I think you played Hand 2+3 to aggresive. betting weak Hands in Aggro calling Stations is not the best way to get there money.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:22 PM

So obviously you have to adjust a villain's range for doing this based on their frequency of doing it. The problem with this, when multitabling, is that if lots of different villains do it, you (or at least I) start to feel like I'm getting played back at super light. But in reality, they could all have legit hands.

Given this, unless I think a guy's range is really wide for doing this, my standard plays are based largely on position. So
hand 1: fold, sadly
hand 2: if this is his first time check raising, fold. with a read that he does this a lot probably call once because of his high vpip. he could have a lot that he thinks is good. often they check the turn and your hand ends up being good. fold is totally fine though.
hand 3: same as above, except this is closer to an always call for me. checking the flop behind is a great option here as you suggested. People seem to think this is a good idea with any pocket pair for some reason.

if a particular guy is going crazy with check/minraises, obvious lines include:
- 3betting the flop with air + outs (and some good hands)
- checking behind marginal hands and getting value on the turn and river
- calling the minraise and basically calling down depending on bet size.

If we are OOP this is a lot harder to deal with, and we're more likely to have to 3bet the flop instead of calling down, or c/r the turn with good hands--but most of all, fold more often
Old 11-19-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One cure could be to start checking flops ip with these kind of hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I get the feeling you cbet too much. Start checking more hands.

Hand 1, easy fold.

Hand 2, I would probably peel because of our position, the board, the backdoor draws.

Hand 3, I don't know - I need more to go on the 35/25/2 which doesn't tell me much.