Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 02:51 AM

Default JJ agasint nit

Agasint most people my flop bet would useually be automatic here but i was up agasint one of the tighest players ive played ever.. does anyone not bet flop here agasint a nit? or is this still standard even agasint super tight playersPokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($10.58)
CO ($41.84)
Hero ($10)
SB ($4.45)
BB ($5.59)
UTG ($7.64)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $0.25</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.07) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.5
Old 11-10-2007, 03:34 AM

Default Re: JJ agasint nit

If the villain is as tight as you say WHY WOULD YOU NOT BET?????

What stats do you have on villain to back up your read???? If villain is as tight as you are making him out to be why are you raising JJ??? What hands are you ahead of?? If he is that tight he is more likely to shove PF OTT on you??? 3 betting is destroying your implied odds...
Old 11-10-2007, 03:36 AM

Stats?

But yea if he's tight enough that I'm not betting this flop then I'm prolly not raising pre-flop.

So without a good reason not to I pretty much always bet this flop.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:39 AM

I agree that if he is very tight I would be OK just calling with JJ PF. As played I would check behind on this flop and hope he also checks the turn. We have some protection against the flush with our Jc and most of his range probably has us crushed on this flop so I'm just trying to get to as cheap a showdown as possible.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:46 AM

i dont use pt so i dont have any stats but this guy has been at alot of my tables every day for the past week and is really super tight pre flop and over all bad player to for ex just callin raises with AA and not ever betting his top pairs on any street. but it seems like he only plays premiums. And yes i do think i should have just called pf instead of raiseing and yes i also agree i should of checked the flop this hand also