Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is hotter?
Charlize Theron 160 42.11%
Ana Beatriz Barros 220 57.89%
Voters: 380. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2007, 03:57 PM

Default Re: Fulltilt froze my account with 47 grand in it

Can people please get in the habit of trimming page long quotes?
Old 10-31-2007, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, I have no problem with FTP having her her account closed, the money will be taken, and she will never be given a clue as to what she has apparently done wrong, if she was guilty.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you'd have no problem with the police arresting you and throwing you in jail, without ever telling you what the evidence is against you or giving you a chance to defend yourself, if they believed that you were guilty.

Or your bank seizing your accounts and accusing you of bank fraud, without ever telling you what the evidence is against you or giving you a chance to defend yourself, if they believed that you were guilty.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you can't read, so i'll break it down for you. Bobo said "if they were found guilty, then..". which means i don't care if they do all those things AFTER they have found her guilty, not while they are investigating.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a religious person, but I'm currently praying for you to be unjustly accused by FTP of wrong-doing, having your funds seized, and then being found guilty without ever seeing the evidence against you.

[ QUOTE ]

I dont believe that there has been any cases where FTP has seized someone's money without overwhelming evidence of the person's guilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're pulling these statements out of your ass. You have no way of knowing this. However, we have countless threads in this forum of people who have had their funds seized by FTP for no obvious reason, with weeks and weeks going by with little or no communication from FTP as to how the investigation is progressing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats because you're an idiot with such a [censored] life that you have nothing better to do then HOPE for such a thing.

I have never done anything wrong, and hav eno reason to fear FTP investigating me. sillysal on the other hand, has done SOMETHING to have FTP have to freeze 47k.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? Enlighten us. What has sillysal done?

[/ QUOTE ]

You englighten us with what sillysal has NOT done.

Account suspensions do not just happen for no reason, and whatever it is that she did, triggered it. I'm not saying that I know she did something illegal exactly, but she did do somethign to trigger the investigation.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have never done anything wrong, and hav eno reason to fear FTP investigating me. sillysal on the other hand, has done SOMETHING to have FTP have to freeze 47k.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm trying to figure out if you're just really naive, really stupid, or trolling. In many cases where poker sites have suspended accounts pending their investigations, the player being investigated triggered the investigation by unwittingly playing at a table with someone who later made a credit card charge-back, or used a stolen credit card, or was a chip-dumper, or was a bot. The chances are very very good that sillysal is being investigated for one of the reasons that I mentioned.

There is absolutely no way that you can protect yourself from the same thing one day happening to you. We all accept that this a risk that we take by playing online. What we don't accept is FTP taking weeks and weeks to conduct their investigations, threatening to delay the investigations if we keep contacting them for an updated status on the investigation, and then seizing the funds at the end of the investigation without telling us why.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can people please get in the habit of trimming page long quotes?

[/ QUOTE ]

you're right, my apologies
Old 10-31-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I trust that FTP will make the correct decision, and if they have enough overwhelming evidence, than OP has no need to defend herself. Just as I trust FTP would not seize the 47k and not give it back without justified reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not just trust. That's blind faith. I'm glad that's OK for you. No sarcasm intended.

I prefer the tack employed in diplomatic circles. Trust, but verify. Without information, we, and sillysal, cannot verify, therefore trust is compromised.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm trying to figure out if you're just really naive, really stupid, or trolling. In many cases where poker sites have suspended accounts pending their investigations, the player being investigated triggered the investigation by unwittingly playing at a table with someone who later made a credit card charge-back, or used a stolen credit card, or was a chip-dumper, or was a bot. The chances are very very good that sillysal is being investigated for one of the reasons that I mentioned.

There is absolutely no way that you can protect yourself from the same thing one day happening to you. We all accept that this a risk that we take by playing online. What we don't accept is FTP taking weeks and weeks to conduct their investigations, threatening to delay the investigations if we keep contacting them for an updated status on the investigation, and then seizing the funds at the end of the investigation without telling us why.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm all three.

Regardless, you have your points, but how can you say that the chances of her being one of those listed are "very very good"? You don't know what evidence FTP may have against her, so saying that its a "very very good" chance is a blind assumption imo.

i guess i just trust that if FTP were holding her money for this long (especially this high of an amount of money), that there is probably justified reason for it.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...when is FTP supposed to let the OP know what the evidence is against her so that she can present a defence?

[/ QUOTE ]
When they have completed the investigation and IF they accuse her of wrong doing.

[ QUOTE ]
You don't believe that they should let her know the evidence while they're investigating

[/ QUOTE ]
No because it may turn out she has no case to answer but other parties may have.

[ QUOTE ]
and you don't believe that they should let her know the evidence once they find her guilty

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes and let her know who FTP solicitors are so that she can instruct her own council to persue a claim

[ QUOTE ]
...so when is the OP supposed to find out what the evidence is against her -- or at the very least, what she's being accused of???

[/ QUOTE ]
When the investigation is completed. IT IS THE ONLY WAY
Old 10-31-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I trust that FTP will make the correct decision, and if they have enough overwhelming evidence, than OP has no need to defend herself. Just as I trust FTP would not seize the 47k and not give it back without justified reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not just trust. That's blind faith. I'm glad that's OK for you. No sarcasm intended.

I prefer the tack employed in diplomatic circles. Trust, but verify. Without information, we, and sillysal, cannot verify, therefore trust is compromised.

[/ QUOTE ]

But honestly, you have to have some kind of faith to be playign online poker. Even if this sillysal case is annoyign and scary to you, I doubt that it has made you feel unsafe to play at FTP.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess when people accused Absolute of trying to cover up the existence of Superusers, we should have all just accepted their explanation that their games were all honest, and that the technology does not exist on their servers for a user to see other players' hole cards.

After all, these off-shore gambling sites are completely incorruptible and above reproach. We should never doubt their honesty and their ability to conduct impartial investigations.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess when people accused Absolute of trying to cover up the existence of Superusers, we should have all just accepted their explanation that their games were all honest, and that the technology does not exist on their servers for a user to see other players' hole cards.

After all, these off-shore gambling sites are completely incorruptible and above reproach. We should never doubt their honesty and their ability to conduct impartial investigations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Abosulte was a special case, and everyone knows that. Also, they outright lied while responding to accusations, which made it more incriminating. FTP has never done something to make me "doubt their honesty" and feel that they are "corruptible".

This argument at hand has always been a question of FTP's poor customer service for not keeping in touch well with the OP, and not their honesty or integrity, so to compare it to absolute is a joke. you kind of sound like mark seif when he said in his statement that "this can happen at ftp and stars"