Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 04:57 PM

Default (0.25/0.50) TT in a very large pot

I don't have more than 30 hands on anybody. CO is 30/9/1.6 over 23 hands, and hasn't limped/reraised yet. SB and MP3 are both about 20/3 over 25 hands or so, and I have nothing on UTG.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) TightPoker converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. MP3 posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 (poster) checks, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, SB calls.

Capped 5 ways with a limp/reraise by the CO. Capping seems natural with so many people still in the pot, and I would expect CO to raise his premium hands with three limpers to him. What range of hands could I assign to CO?

Flop: (22 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (13 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB folds, Hero ???

Seems I should be folding here, but the pot is so big...
Old 10-23-2007, 05:04 PM

Default Re: (0.25/0.50) TT in a very large pot

LOL @ MP3 pf call-call-fold.

So, why not bet the flop after you cap pf? Either you are or you are not putting CO on a premium hand, and if you're not (which is why you capped pf), does the queen by itself scare you that much? As played, why not raise the flop to try and get UTG and MP2 to fold?

As played, just fold the turn...you gave up on this hand as soon as everybody wouldn't fold to your pf cap.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:37 PM

Hmm, the flop check doesn't seem to agree with your preflop cap. Personally, I think I'd just call the 3bet preflop and then see what happens on the flop.

As played, I think you can fold this turn.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, why not bet the flop after you cap pf? Either you are or you are not putting CO on a premium hand, and if you're not (which is why you capped pf), does the queen by itself scare you that much? As played, why not raise the flop to try and get UTG and MP2 to fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good questions. The only answer I can come up with is that I'm weak-tight.

How would I proceed if lead the flop? If I lead and everyone calls, it seems like I'm in a very similar spot on the turn. At that point, do I continue to fire away on the turn and river UI if I'm called down? Does this change if I call the three-bet PF and bet the flop?

If I bet and get raised, at least I can confidently play my hand like a two out draw.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:02 PM

capping TT preflop OOP is a little dicey ... after this guy limps and reraises from late position I assume he is a retard and I will be thinking of check raising most flops

after capping preflop ... i have no idea

leading out into a field with 2nd pair seems purely informational ... and checking after you cap seems, well, stupid (so i guess your only option is to open fold)

i can live with a check and see, i guess

on the flop almost every over card will be calling backdoor draws ...
after it checks to the retard and SB only calls I'll probably go for a check raise (if both these other guys call I'm done with the hand)

anyways ... yeah - open fold the flop please

??
how strong of a hand do you think TT is
along with being OOP
along with a semi-large field
Old 10-24-2007, 02:21 AM

:g: &lt;- not really

Preflop is kind of confusing but basically fine. If CO is sane you have to put him on some SC like JTs or KQs. Otherwise this is nothing but ATC I mean, wtf over-lrr in the CO with like 1 billion callers, AA?

I really dont know what to do with the flop, as played I think I c/r hoping to blow out the trash in the middle and I am folding to any action from anyone other than CO.

The good news is that you cant do to big mistakes in a pot this size. I would def like to see a SD with CO tho.

As played I fold the turn.

God this hand tilts me hard.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't have more than 30 hands on anybody. CO is 30/9/1.6 over 23 hands, and hasn't limped/reraised yet. SB and MP3 are both about 20/3 over 25 hands or so, and I have nothing on UTG.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) TightPoker converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. MP3 posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 (poster) checks, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, SB calls.

Capped 5 ways with a limp/reraise by the CO. Capping seems natural with so many people still in the pot, and I would expect CO to raise his premium hands with three limpers to him. What range of hands could I assign to CO?

hmm ...
He has probably big pocet or some kind of multiway hands like any suited middle suited connectors or brodway suited cards.

Flop: (22 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP2 folds.

I would probably bet/call and fold turn when I dont spike set (We have very good impied odds if villain has big pocet)

Turn: (13 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB folds, Hero ???

Fold - 2 overcards, no fold equity cus u didnt c-bet flop

Seems I should be folding here, but the pot is so big...

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-24-2007, 09:04 PM

*g*

in my head the limp 3-bet = AA, KK, especially with that many people already calling. I'm not sure I have the juevos to cap there. lol MP3. Getting 24 to 1 on the flop I'm calling. By the turn I'm pretty depressed and folding.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:48 AM

Why didn't we lead it out if we capped preflop?

As played.....

Call the flop because of the size of the pot but w/ 3 other players going to the turn you certainly are against either a Q, a J, or a sleeping monster. Check/fold the turn is best here IMO.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Good questions. The only answer I can come up with is that I'm weak-tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, weak-tight would be calling the pf3 and check-folding the flop.

[ QUOTE ]
How would I proceed if lead the flop? If I lead and everyone calls, it seems like I'm in a very similar spot on the turn. At that point, do I continue to fire away on the turn and river UI if I'm called down?

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't have very good reads. CO appears to be somewhat aggressive postflop, but that's all. Against typical passive .25/.50 opponents, you keep betting your good hands until you meet resistance. fwiw, if you bet and just get called, your situation is immensely improved; whereas the way you played it CO could have a queen, a jack, one or more ui overcards, or air, if you bet and he doesn't raise on the flop you can be pretty sure he doesn't have a queen. Futher, if he doesn't have a queen, he doesn't know that YOU don't, and when the turn isn't an ace (one of his likely holdings being Ax) your FE skyrockets.

[ QUOTE ]
Does this change if I call the three-bet PF and bet the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you smooth-call the pf3 and then donk the flop? What does that do for you?

[ QUOTE ]
If I bet and get raised, at least I can confidently play my hand like a two out draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which street? And, not really...if Villan has either an overpair or a hand that a) beats you and b) matched up with this flop, he played his hand like a gigantic jackass somewhere. And, if he could play a good hand this poorly, he could certainly play a bad hand poorly.