Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 08:18 AM

Default AK Hand, 50nl

Hi all,

I would appreciate it if you could walk through this hand with me, and comment on my thoughts each street. I feel its roughly standard.

<font color="blue"> Villain is standard TAG, 18/12 over 50ish hands </font>

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

SB: $64.40
BB: $61.10
UTG: $50
Hero (CO): $58.15
BTN: $86.75

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $2</font>, Hero calls $2, 3 folds

<font color="blue"> UTG raise, most likely half decient hand, KQ+, AJ+, 77+. I'll call and see the flop, don't want to overplay the hand and get caught with a 3 bet behind. Play / dump on flop depending on hit / miss </font>

Flop: ($4.75) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $3</font>, Hero calls $3

<font color="blue"> Ok, hit our A, looking good. I think the best way of finding where we are at is seeing if he leads the turn as well. Villain would cbet almost any of his range here, and if I call his cbet he would usually check turn to me, or if he leads turn again possible he has AK, AQ, AJ and I can get good value out of him. Its not a draw heavy board so I don't mind calling here, mabye give him chance to catch up if he does have KQ and K or Q comes</font>

Turn: ($10.75) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $5.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $15</font>, UTG calls $9.50

<font color="blue"> Ok, turn lead out to me says he has something. I'm putting him on AJ, AQ (mabye AK), at this point. AA is also possible, but I'm finding it unlikely. Feel he would have limped small PP so small set unlikely. TT in range but not worried to much about it. Overall ahead of his range here so I'm raising it up to get value out of dominated AJ or AQ. </font>

River: ($40.75) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $15</font>, UTG calls $15

<font color="blue"> Club comes which isn't a card I'm particularly fond of, however can't really worry about back door flush draw. AA / TT would most likely have bet out, as they can't be sure I'll bet. Seems like a hand wanting to get to show down but doesn't want to put more money in, hence still thinking AQ/AJ that they are not sure where they stand. Again ahead of most of his range so value bet $15. </font>

Are my thoughts throughout this hand a decent table analysis? Do you disagree with any of the points I was thinking at the table? Bar perhaps 3 betting preflop would you change anything?

Thoughts on this hand would be appreciated. Results later.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:23 AM

Default Re: AK Hand, 50nl

Preflop:
Definitely raise it, you wanna get HU with a hand like AK, by coldcalling, you'll give persons behind you good odds to call.

Flop:
ok, draw is not really drawy, as you said, and you got position.

Turn:
fine

River:
I'd bet like 25$.
15$ looks weak, and if he raises you have to fold.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:32 AM

I 3b preflop, but then I might 3b plenty of hands here. I like a flop raise more than a turn raise, but this depends on your image as well. In general I find that flop raises seem less dangerous than a turn raise. If I was villain I'd think your line screams a set (call preflop with 55/22 for set value, trapping on the flop, raising the turn...) - but again this depends how I perceive you.

In a way I feel that you both underrep (preflop/flop), and overrep (turn) your hand. River is fine as played though.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:42 AM

This hand has missed value all over it.

Repop PF. You have A fricking K. You are not overplaying it by making a valueraise. Get comfortable with 3-betting this hand, its a monster.

Given that you sort of trapped PF, I'd raise the flop normally..I can see calling being ok here though, since the boadr is dry and we have position.

Raise bigger on the turn..20.

Shove river plz. This is AQ/AJ another AK a whole lot of the time. They are getting better then 2-1 on a shove, they won't fold.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:23 PM

Raise preflop.
I like raising the flop as well because we most likely have the best hand and I wanna get some money in there so i can get more chips in on the turn.
I also like 25 on the river
Old 11-10-2007, 12:39 PM

Overplaying AK by 3-betting in position preflop?

Looks good to me until the river, where you should shove. If he calls 15 with AJ then he is very likely to call 30 anyways.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:21 PM

Have to raise pre, i would raise flop but youre way is ok too i guess, turn seems standard and the river bets looks really weak
Old 11-10-2007, 01:23 PM

a tag isnīt limping small pp preflop
bet more on the river
also 3bet preflop