Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 12:52 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (10/29 - spoilers possible)

[ QUOTE ]
I always enjoyed watching the Aussie Millions Cash game, because of the long rectangular chips.

I'm not sure what this comment contributes to this thread, but yeah.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, it brings much needed humor.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:03 AM

Thoughts:

- That was pretty retarded from Jman, but different to making a play mistake.

- Hellmuth's flat call with the A2dd and his massive reraise with kings were both pretty awful. Farha had me thinking he was actually going to call. I'll believe anything of him at this point.

- Gold never ever valuebets.

[ QUOTE ]
If I were playing on that table, Helmuth would need to be looking for some life insurance pronto.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. All his insurance [censored] is tilting me so bad. If I was in the room I'd have to work hard to restrain myself from throwing something at his head.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Later on, I figured out that I owed $12,000 to Brandon ($10,000) and Sammy ($2,000), because they insured the very last hand of the night. By the way, Brandon doesn't even know that I owe him $10,000, because I decided that I owe him after the fact! He will be pleasantly surprised, that's for sure. That made my two day total +285,000 ($402,600 - $12,000 - $105,500 = +285,000). I sold 40% of myself, because I didn't have enough cash in Vegas, so I actually won $174,000 for the HSN two full days of taping.

Hellmuth' blog

I think, Brandon can confirm this...

[/ QUOTE ] The end of that blog is hilarious.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:44 AM

Wow next episode has a sick lineup!

Antonius
Benyamine
Brunson
Negreanu
Esfandiari
Farha
and
Laliberte

It would be even sicker though with Ivey and Townsend.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All his insurance [censored] is tilting me so bad. If I was in the room I'd have to work hard to restrain myself from throwing something at his head.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do wish they would cut back on showing so much of his insurance discussion. But I did find it rather amusing on that WSOP final table this year when he was buying insurance from Phil Ivey and he won less money in the tourney than what he had to pay to Ivey - Hellmuth is such a retard.

I have no problem with JMan and think he could have been quite good on HSP if he could have played for the next day - he seemed more relaxed on the latest episodes than when he first got there and was dealt the QQ. I do think that his mucking of the equal best hand was a rather boneheaded thing to do - but being human he is bound to make mistakes (I always like to double check my hand before mucking it).

Jamie Gold definitely needs to learn to value bet, if only to cover for his river bluffs.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The end of that blog is hilarious.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am astonished at how much Hellmuth can gamble, but when he is a 4 to 1 favorite with 1 card to come he needs insurance. He can't be a poor man, why doesn't he just take the damn gamble as a huge favorite without bothering with the insurance. And if he is so worried about the loss why does he play chinese poker?
Old 10-31-2007, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I loved Gabe's comment about Gold not value betting. He could have won soooooooo much more money this session it's not even funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gold is just horrendous. Someone who NEVER value bets is so easy to pick off bluffs. You know they probably have NOTHING most of the time. I can't wait to see what happens to him in this 500K game. He has nowhere near the bankroll to play that high.

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you think that gold's actual playing bankroll is?
maybe something in the 2 - 2.5m range?
Old 10-31-2007, 03:45 AM

Jman was so boring to watch so I dont mind at all that he didnt played in 500k bi. I mean, come on! He was almost as boring as BA.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:10 AM

"hey guys, tats-rit-i-ean-gimme-mah-monie-aYE-AYE-GIMME-
MAH-CARDS-BAC!"

that kaplan comment was ridiculously funny.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You really can't compare a misclick with this. Misclicking is not an intended action. Mucking early is. There is nothing to gain with mucking a pair early in a check hand like this. It's just an impulsive redundant act, typical for the inexperienced live player.

There is no difference between Woods' and Jman's hand, both players muck a pair without having visual confirmation of being beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say it's exactly the same thing as a misclick, but in my opinion it is similar. Yes, it is a somewhat noobish mistake, showing a lack of concentration and experience in live play - as jman said, he had given up on the hand on the flop already, he just wasn't even thinking about his hand at the showdown I guess - but it doesn't say anything about the quality of his game.

And the only difference to Woods' hand was the way it was presented on TV, the commentators made it look worse than jman's imo.

ETA: and btw I also don't care about seeing jman in the 500K buyin, what he did in the previous weeks was simply boring television. I'd rather watch some lunatic Farha gambling, Booth million $ bluff or Negreanu joking on HSP than a seemingly deaf-mute online player playing 1% of his hands - regardless of what the pros (and the "pros") here consider to be good poker.