Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2007, 10:49 PM

Default Re: Just got paid.

[ QUOTE ]
There is no proof that Seif cheated. But there are so many coincidences that the probability that he did in fact cheat is very high, imo. I would never trust Seif, that's something that is certain.

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to guess he's innocent, and I think about a guy who has lost a million bucks there, and now the lynch mob is screaming to demand that he cough up even more. It has to be tough.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Because they understand that many people's livelihoods depend on their professional reputation?

[/ QUOTE ]

Josem, you answered several of my earlier posts and one concerned Marks reputation. Surely he heard about Stuckinpigh's allegations thru railbirds or other HS players. Yet he chose not to respond to those allegations in a timely manner. Is it not possible if he knew he got into a pissing contest he would be asked to provide HH's to clear himself and that was something he didnt want to do?

Second, if Mark is interested in clearing his name, releasing 2 months HH's isnt ridiculous. If his play is relatively the same pre "superuser" discovery and post superuser, I think that would go a long way towards clearing his name.
PS, thanks for your hard work.

[/ QUOTE ]

posting hand histories reveals how you play, putting you at a disadvantage - but I am sure some here have PokerTracker data showing whether he has won money or not. If there is nothing the least bit fishy about his recent stats, I think that's adequate to clear him of recently using the KnowItAll machine.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's obvious who Mark Seif's lawyer is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe lawyers through their experience understand better than others that there are often two sides to a story.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ah hemm.... Attention from what I can gather it appears that Absolute Poker is currently operating *without a license*. Does anyone know what the legal implications of this are????

I have started a new thread on this as I think it is an important matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

I recall in another case where I looked up a poker site and they were permitted to run their gambling operation pending the approval process of their application. Maybe Joe Norton bought AP recently, or maybe key personnel changed, requiring a reapplication, such that they are in the application process, a Mohawk equivalent of the Catholic purgatory. Just a possibility.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe lawyers through their experience understand better than others that there are often two sides to a story.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or three.....
Old 10-27-2007, 11:09 PM

I think online poker should be banned.

There. I said it.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ah hemm.... Attention from what I can gather it appears that Absolute Poker is currently operating *without a license*. Does anyone know what the legal implications of this are????

I have started a new thread on this as I think it is an important matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

I recall in another case where I looked up a poker site and they were permitted to run their gambling operation pending the approval process of their application. Maybe Joe Norton bought AP recently, or maybe key personnel changed, requiring a reapplication, such that they are in the application process, a Mohawk equivalent of the Catholic purgatory. Just a possibility.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe, but it's rather unusual for something being allowed to operate without a license.
It's a bit like you asking your surgeon if he is qualified to operate on you.
"I'm in the process of applying."
Would not generally be considered an adaquate answer!
Old 10-27-2007, 11:20 PM

Whatever the case it all brings into question the integrity of the AP operation.

As far as I am concerned the sites can't do it legit or stick it up their ****.

Mind you, my rule of thumb is if I am not winning I am not playing, after allowing for some variation.

And I ain't winning too much of late [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2007, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And I ain't winning too much of late

[/ QUOTE ]

really, no way???
Old 10-28-2007, 12:03 AM

Oops, didn't see suzzer's post.

I am just throwing out ideas, I am not convinced that he did or did not cheat. I just have not seen evidence that he did cheat and therefore I'm pretty sure he didn't. I'd think someone would be able to product some suspect HHs if he did.