Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 07:42 PM

Default Re: AP infinity plus one - New AP Statement

[ QUOTE ]
Mark Seif says (10:49 PM):
i need your help in clearing my name and making sure people know the truth

[/ QUOTE ]

First thing you could do to rehabilitate your tarnished image is to disassociate from AP, make a public announcement that you have quit the poker site and that you find what they did reprehensible.

This is a logical step no?

I think what peeves people off here Mark is that you played in a tournament the night before AP announced there was cheating, and degraded the people who were spearheading the cheating charges against AP in chat. You even stated you saw 80 plus hands of the tournament in question and didn't see anything that you thought couldn't be explained away. Do you still believe that now?

Seriously, step away from AP immediately if you are seriously concerned about your image. It's your only hope for the long term. Staying with them and having your name and image attached to them can serve you no logical purpose at this point. Unless what they pay you is more important than your image and character.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:46 PM

lol yah
2x 120 on my labtop & 750Gb on PC
hell, im starting a pokerroom right now,
www.WHOCARESpoker.COM
Absolute god-mode ,here i come weeeeeeee

---------
can i un-read these theads now, plix
Old 10-25-2007, 07:47 PM

One thing is so blatantly, glaringly obvious: Mark Seif is speaking for the record, not to that AP support guy.

It reads like a man wearing a wire, knowing everything he says is being listened to. I believe every word.

"You know I'm innocent, right?"
"Sure, you knew nothin', boss..."
Old 10-25-2007, 07:48 PM

Re: the Seif matter.

It doesn't surprise AP doesn't have the HHs going back that far. It also wouldn't surprise me if they really do have them somewhere on some backup media but sure as hell aren't going to go digging that up and reinstalling it on some machine w/o a court order or national emergency. This is pretty much industry standard. And finally given it's AP, it wouldn't surprise me if they burned all their backup tapes a month ago.

As for Seif, right now there are plenty things pointing toward his innocence and toward his guilt. Apparently he either is innocent, or he knew those HHs weren't available before starting the whole conversation with support. Or he fabricated the whole conversation, or he cheated and forgot about it (neither likely at all). Obviously he was hamming it up for the record. But I don't think that necessarily makes him guilty.

The details as reported by stuckinph (or his friend, I forget) originally sure do neatly fit in with what we know about how this cheating occurs. BUT - the fact that stuckinph (or his friend) didn't bother to save the HHs himself seems a little odd to me. And his excuse about his computer crashing or something seemed a little convenient. Also his back-handed "recantation" could mean a lot of things I guess. One of them being he wasn't 100% truthful or sure about the open-fold in the first place.

Soooo barring any new evidence I'm willing to give Seif the benefit of the doubt and drop it. Not that anyone cares that much about my opinion. But I was one of the people who kept bringing it up, which would invariably rile up ikestoys and turn it into a much bigger discussion.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One thing is so blatantly, glaringly obvious: Mark Seif is speaking for the record, not to that AP support guy.

It reads like a man wearing a wire, knowing everything he says is being listened to. I believe every word.

[/ QUOTE ]

ABSOLUTEly.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Re: the Seif matter.

It doesn't surprise AP doesn't have the HHs going back that far. It also wouldn't surprise me if they really do have them somewhere on some backup media but sure as hell aren't going to go digging that up and reinstalling it on some machine w/o a court order or national emergency. This is pretty much industry standard. And finally given it's AP, it wouldn't surprise me if they burned all their backup tapes a month ago.

As for Seif, right now there are plenty things pointing toward his innocence and toward his guilt. Apparently he either is innocent, or he knew those HHs weren't available before starting the whole conversation with support. Or he fabricated the whole conversation, or he cheated and forgot about it (neither likely at all). Obviously he was hamming it up for the record. But I don't think that necessarily makes him guilty.

The details as reported by stuckinph (or his friend, I forget) originally sure do neatly fit in with what we know about how this cheating occurs. BUT - the fact that stuckinph (or his friend) didn't bother to save the HHs himself seems a little odd to me. And his excuse about his computer crashing or something seemed a little convenient. Also his back-handed "recantation" could mean a lot of things I guess. One of them being he wasn't 100% truthful or sure about the open-fold in the first place.

Soooo barring any new evidence I'm willing to give Seif the benefit of the doubt and drop it. Not that anyone cares that much about my opinion. But I was one of the people who kept bringing it up, which would invariably rile up ikestoys and turn it into a much bigger discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

seif is proly innocent in that he never used the superuser to steal but i think he proly had some idea of how shady ap is/was, was willing to participate in the coverup, and is completely guilty of being a complete dbag assclown idiot and i hope he goes broke and lives in a box until dying in a ditch.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:58 PM

accidentally posted this in the wrong thread:

It's morning in Australia, so to catch up on overnight posts:

[ QUOTE ]
With that said, BTW, the company is leaking info like a sieve, and if Nat, Josem and I somehow took million dollar bribes (I'll admit right now that I'd totally sell out for a mil), that secret would last about a week tops.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me give you the hot tip that if Absolute paid me a million dollars, I certainly wouldn't be turning up to my little government job at 7am and hanging around here until 10pm.

[ QUOTE ]
AP should be shut down and all the perpetrators (including those who knew about this but kept quiet) reported, arrested, prosecuted and jailed. That's not going to happen while AP continues to protect the ID of the perps, and refuses to report them to the relevant law enforcement (KGC doesn't count).

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure - you know their names, so you should feel free to report them to the police. I posted the phone numbers for the police in an earlier post.

[ QUOTE ]
Finding out the entire place is run by crooks? The boss plays on 'God-mode' and steals millions?

[/ QUOTE ]
My impression is that Absolute are no longer run by crooks, and the boss no longer plays on God-mode. I'm certainly optimistic on this point, and recognise that people will have different views.

It really is just a value judgement either way.

[ QUOTE ]
They rob charity fundraisers too? Yes, that would qualify.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have seen no evidence of this.

[ QUOTE ]
1) If you are a witness to Popcorngate at the WSOP: make a call to the Vegas police. Stealing $10k raised for a children's hospital (!) is, unsurprisingly, a very serious criminal offence.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am interested to see this investigated. As far as I can tell from reading these threads (and I suspect I'm reasonably up-to-date on everything) there was not even the pretense of any investigation into this claim.

[ QUOTE ]
2) If you were affected by Potripper & Co; call the Costa Rican police. Theft is theft. (NB: Returning the stolen money doesn't negate the offence. Otherwise, robbing banks would be a lot more common...)

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. Their phone number is in a previous thread.

[ QUOTE ]
3) If you think Mark Seif defrauded you out of money - and if you think he was in the US at the time of the alleged offence - call the Feds.

[/ QUOTE ]
There is no credible evidence of this.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
AP do not know what we know. Thus, if they're hiding something, they don't know if they will get caught.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't you think that is one of the main reasons they invited Nat down to Costa Rica?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I do not. I don't know of any credible evidence that this is even remotely true.

What are you suggesting? They'll interrogate him in some sort of bizarre Costa Rican torture hall?

[ QUOTE ]
I read 2+2 at least 3 or 4 times a week, and I didn't find out about it until just this week, so it's not really getting out there. I just happened to visit the Kill Phil forum which I haven't looked at in months and months and noticed a very small thread that mentioned it, otherwise I still wouldn't know anything about it as I never read the BBV forum. My son plays poker online...he didn't hear about it. His friends play poker online...they didn't hear about it. All my family and friends know I play online, if they heard something about, they would have mentioned it.

[/ QUOTE ]
There have been over 25,000 absolute unique visitors to www.absolutepokercheats.com,

I can only guess at the hundreds of thousands of people who have read it here, or on other sites. It is not a small number of people who are aware of this.

[ QUOTE ]
Mark Seif -

I can assume you are reading this. Can we please drop the defamation charges and insults towards those who question your play?

[/ QUOTE ]
Mark has every right to pursue those people who defame him without evidence.

Unlike the anonymous people in this thread, Mark's name will be forever linked with this situation.

It is all very well to sit behind an effectively anonymous computer screen and decree that Mark's reputation is not valuable to him, but people who do that are fundamentally wrong.

It's the same reason that I react strongly when people make unsubstantiated slurs against me, or Nat, or Adanthar. Our reputations are valuable to us, and as a result of our involvement, when you type our names into google forever into the future, we'll be linked to it. I guess we wear it - but it's not reasonable to expect us to wear any other fabricated slurs.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
On your thinking, if AP claimed that the sun will rise tomorrow, that would be reason to doubt it. Obviously this is an extreme metaphor

[/ QUOTE ]
analogy?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes.

[ QUOTE ]
Mark, better get permission for this from your bosses before you proceed into the courts. Could be a muddy stream.

[/ QUOTE ]
No - the situation at Absolute is not likely to help in a defence against a defamation suit from Mark.

What are you going to claim? That you called Mark a cheater because others cheated? That's just not credible.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you said it much better than I could. This is a good read on your part.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:08 PM

At least the one consistency for Seif in all of this is the decisions Mark has made and the words he's chosen and the actions he's taken/allowed to be taken in an effort to "clear his name," since the cheating allegations began, are on the same level as how he actually plays limit hold em: Not very well thought out.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:12 PM

For shame, sir!

Nobody here has called Mr Seif a cheater. That could be seen as defaming his good character and, once notified by the person of the claim of said defamation, would require the removal of such comments by the moderators as soon as possible, thereby meeting their legal obligations.

Some have even alleged that he may be completely innocent of any wrongdoing in his entire life, ever.

A lawsuit from Jesus is not expected.

EDIT: Josem, some very good points. A balancing argument is always helpful, but regarding your impression that AP is no longer run by crooks: Well, I do a great impression of Ren & Stimpy and it's worth about the same. Seriously, dude - evidence so far says AP is protecting Scott Tom and AJ Green/Grimard (it's been so long since we mentioned them, don't you think?). That stinks as bad as the initial offence.

Please put those police contact details up again. I would certainly call them if I were directly involved, but it's not my place to. I wasn't actually robbed, nor did I see anything first-hand. The victims and witnesses must report the criminals - the rest of us can only offer our gratitude.

(Are you listening, AP?)