Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2007, 03:48 PM

Default Rafi Amit

They have been running old WSOP episodes and they had the old PLO games going. They portray Rafi Amit as one of the top players in the world. Whats the real story on this guy?
Old 08-19-2007, 03:50 PM

Default Re: Rafi Amit

why would they lie on TV?
Old 08-19-2007, 03:53 PM

" Anyone who follows poker diligently will probably remember Mr. Amit from the 2005 WSOP, where he was given a ten-minute penalty for using the "f-word" during the final PLO table. More incredible was the fact that Amit still continued to cause trouble even during his absence from the game, mocking the other players and trash talking his opponents from the sidelines. Even after a ten minute absence, during which time almost $200K worth of chips had gone from Amit to his competitors, at the time 25-year old Rafi Amit managed to come back and take the lead, winning the game and taking home $511, 835. This was quite an impressive feat since this final table in the World Series of Poker was Amit's first final table in his three year poker career. "

thats pretty cool
Old 08-19-2007, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
" Anyone who follows poker diligently will probably remember Mr. Amit from the 2005 WSOP, where he was given a ten-minute penalty for using the "f-word" during the final PLO table. More incredible was the fact that Amit still continued to cause trouble even during his absence from the game, mocking the other players and trash talking his opponents from the sidelines. Even after a ten minute absence, during which time almost $200K worth of chips had gone from Amit to his competitors, at the time 25-year old Rafi Amit managed to come back and take the lead, winning the game and taking home $511, 835. This was quite an impressive feat since this final table in the World Series of Poker was Amit's first final table in his three year poker career. "

thats pretty cool

[/ QUOTE ]

this is wrong IIRC...i thought he was heads-up with vinny vinh
Old 08-19-2007, 04:22 PM

rafi (from the little i have played with him live and online) is super tough at the plo and its varitations and some of the mixed games. seems like nice enough guy and has fun when he plays. don't know how he stacks up to the big game players that is the deep end of the pool.

paging barry g.........can rafi swim in the deep waters?

seemed very very competent to me. that is all i can add.

cheers. J.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:22 PM

Misinformation for sure. I watched that FT the entire time and he got a penalty heads-up vs.V. Vinh and his chair. It was actually Vinh who was taunting him, wanting to play "Winner takes all" when he was down 3:1 in chips.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Misinformation for sure. I watched that FT the entire time and he got a penalty heads-up vs.V. Vinh and his chair. It was actually Vinh who was taunting him, wanting to play "Winner takes all" when he was down 3:1 in chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

i wish they would replay that one
Old 08-19-2007, 05:34 PM

Rafi Amit is one of the bigger winners on Full Tilt in the big PLO and O8 games.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:48 PM

What is his sn on ftp?
Old 08-19-2007, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is his sn on ftp?

[/ QUOTE ]
i think hes howsitfeellike