Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2006, 06:11 PM

Default Gold\'s 1st Limp Raise

Did Gold show QQ the first time he limp-raised (the hand before the one where Lee lost all of his chips with JJ against Gold's limp-raised QQ)? Ali kept talking about the how Gold had QQ both times he limp raised earlier, but I don't remember Gold showing his hand the first time. Both me and my roommate thought that he mucked that hand after it was folded. Plus we were talking about how weak Gold seemed in that hand while it was happening. His banter wasn't relaxed like it was when he had the nut straight vs Friberg, it seemed more forced, and he was shuffling his chips like crazy while he was waiting for whoever to act (I forget who else was in the hand) unlike the hand with Friberg. So we would've been looking for what he showed there, and I think we would've noticed.

Did we just miss him showing the hand, or was Ali misremembering the hand (maybe just remembering the hand that Gordon put him on, not what he actually showed)?
Old 08-11-2006, 06:17 PM

Default Re: Gold\'s 1st Limp Raise

It was shown. It was Friberg's elimination hand.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:59 PM

Default Re: Gold\'s 1st Limp Raise

According to cardplayer Friberg limp-raised that hand (hand 57) , not Gold, of course they've gotten these things wrong before but that's definitely not the hand I was thinking of. I'm thinking that either Ali was mixing up this hand with the one that Gold limp raised, or I'm mixing up the hand that Gold limp raised with another hand where Gold was talking, but seemed weak and then mucked when not called, or maybe both.