Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2006, 01:23 AM

Default \"Best Hand I Ever Played\" by Steve Rosenbloom

I just picked up this book at my local bookstore today.

I browsed through it in the bookstore and only read the first couple of pages but I have to say its not a bad read.

This is part of the ESPN book series.

Basically, it is a profile of 52 poker lessons from different well known poker players. Each secion profiles the player as well as provide a hand that player recalls playing quite well.

It's not a book about starting hands, pot odds, etc.. and not geared as an instructional book on how to play but does give great insight on how to think through a hand taking into account the various variables, factors that come into play with a hand.

I've always enjoyed books that give insights on how a pro player thinks with real life examples instead of your standard theory dumps.

Anyone else seen or read this book?

Worth checking out in my opinion.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:26 AM

Default Re: \"Best Hand I Ever Played\" by Steve Rosenbloom

i've leafed thru it. and i agree it looks interesting.... reviews haven't been the best though.... and i get tired of pro's talking about completely lucky hands (don't get me wrong, i get them too), but that's what people's best hands often are.

i think you could learn a little about reading opponents with it.
Old 05-08-2006, 09:23 AM

Default Re: \"Best Hand I Ever Played\" by Steve Rosenbloom

I've read through some selected sections and a lot of the discussions focus more than just lucky hands.

Some of the hands talk about great laydowns late in the tournament (i.e. Annie folding her pocket 10's to Raymer's pocket Kings)

The 'rake' section is a good review of how to apply the thinking process through a hand.