Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2007, 01:31 PM

Default How 2/5Nl or 5/10NL in Tropicana in AC

I was thinking about heading to AC this weekend but since I dont go that often I am unable to get weekend roomrate in Borgata so am considering stayin and putting in Time at the Trop. Last time i was there it was kind of slow, tables didnt fill up etc. So wondering if anyeone can comment on the 2/5NL or 5/10NL game over there Thurs-Sun.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:03 PM

Default Re: How 2/5Nl or 5/10NL in Tropicana in AC

both games get off Thurs/Fri/Sat/(maybe)Sun. Trop 2/5 is my favorite 2/5 in all of AC.

the 5/10 game is pretty good. i've sweated a friend of mine for some time in that game for over 2 hours and saw no pot larger than $700, but again, this is a small sample.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:02 PM

Default Re: How 2/5Nl or 5/10NL in Tropicana in AC

I was there this past weekend, playing 1/2NL. The table next to me was 5/10NL. This was Sunday at noon, and the table was full and there were other guys checking it out, possibly wanting to join.

There was a lot of cold calling. Often 4-5 people cold calling a raise. Post flop it seemed reasonable. One guy cold called raises with anything, in and out of position. (although he was playing 150BB and didn't spew chips after the flop) The game seemed good, but like I said, I don't play that high so I have nothing to compare it to.