Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2007, 04:00 PM

Default NL25: Flopped top 2, trouble on the turn

Villain is 24/7/2 over ~300 hands. I think I'm beat here nearly always after the turn reraise, but I'm getting 4-1. Could I have done anything to commit myself less? Anyone folding to the raise?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 9 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $23.90
<u>BB: $22.70</u>
<font color="black">UTG: $7.20</font>
<u>Hero (UTG+1): $30.55</u>
MP1: $7.95
MP2: $11.05
MP3: $15.25
CO: $5.65
BTN: $14.20

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (9 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1</font>, 6 folds, BB calls $0.75, UTG calls $0.75

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($3) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $3.10</font>, BB calls $3.10, UTG folds

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($9.20) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $9.30</font>, <font color="red">BB raises all-in to $18.60</font>, Hero calls $9.30

<font color="black">River:</font> ($46.40) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $46.40 ($2.30 Rake)
Old 04-11-2007, 04:16 PM

Default Re: NL25: Flopped top 2, trouble on the turn

I can't imagine villain is doing this with only one pair or a draw, but it's possible. I hate 2 pair, and I'm not thrilled with KQ early, although this was a good flop for you. You have to call $9.30 to win $37 -- I'd do it, but I wouldn't expect to win.

Your flop bet looks as if you don't want a caller, so maybe he thinks you are weak?

Why did you bet basically pot when one of the few scare cards out there hit? Seems as if you were planning to felt it regardless, so you got what you wanted.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:37 PM

bet less on flop
check/call turn
check/call river
Old 04-11-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't imagine villain is doing this with only one pair or a draw, but it's possible. I hate 2 pair, and I'm not thrilled with KQ early, although this was a good flop for you. You have to call $9.30 to win $37 -- I'd do it, but I wouldn't expect to win.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm mixing up my game a little bit at the moment, it's not a hand that I'm getting too attached to if it doesn't work out, I may just keep the suited variety - the open-raising of 22+ and 98s+ from the middle has been more enjoyable.

Thinking about the odds offered, though. I pretty much always call here, but if I'm getting 4-1 and he's only doing this with anything I beat 10% of the time, shouldn't I just fold? At this level, that's not getting exploited.
[ QUOTE ]

Why did you bet basically pot when one of the few scare cards out there hit? Seems as if you were planning to felt it regardless, so you got what you wanted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question! Honestly, I played it too fast and didn't think it through enough (at all [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]).

Cheers for the help.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:54 AM

I don't see why you pot pot pot in every hand you post. Is Super System your favorite book!? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, when playing my A-game I check turn behind and call a reasonable river bet.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see why you pot pot pot in every hand you post. Is Super System your favorite book!? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] I haven't even read the NL section.

I wanted to pot top two and convinced myself that the board was drawy enough (clearly not, but it's a split second on a single table), and the other post was very drawy (flush and straight), so I'm happy with potting that. But I've no idea what's up with potting the turn recently. I need to watch that.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:54 PM

As played I'm calling just because of the odds, but I'm pretty sure I'm beat. I have no problem with the flop bet, but I'm checking behind on the turn every time.