Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 01:19 AM

Default Re: Phil Ivey is a strip club degen

[ QUOTE ]
I just dont believe in announcing that I saw a married person in a strip club. I think it is the wrong thing to do. Most women (wives or girlfriends) frown upon their guy going to a strip club without them and spending a lot of money there, so if I respect the player, I dont want to publicize that I saw them in a strip club. I think it is part of the guy code, yes. Guys know that all guys need an outlet at times, and a strip club isnt cheating (as long as no sex occurs). However, most women will give their boyfriend or husband a big hassle if they find out that they went to a strip club ("What, I am not sexy enough for you?" etc). Anyway, people with experience want to avoid unneccessary hassles for themselves and others who they respect. So, it seems like a lot of young guys who lack in experience post on these boards. Anyway, that's all I want to say on the matter. Everyone makes their own ethical choices, I guess...

[/ QUOTE ]

One more vote for you having a vagina.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:23 AM

looks like once you make it in the poker world you're supposed to become completely sterile.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:06 AM

This doesn't surprise me. Guys have to get their jones on if their wives aren't there to relieve all that pent up sexual tension.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:17 AM

Guys, going to a strip club to have some nice clean fun and then going back to your WIFE for the sex is what its all about. You are making her know that, "Hey, I might like going out to look at some nice ass bodies. Get some loving in the VIP room. But I come back home to you... to give you herpes."

Nah just kidding, but on the real... I don't think that a wife living in Vegas married to a professional gambler would really have a problem with this behavior. As long as he's not cheating on her (which I don't think anyone has proof that he is) then I don't see it being a problem. Also there are women that don't have a problem with women, if you know what I mean. In that case, then Ivey is even luckier than I had imagined (if she looks good, never seen her).

Ciao,
BBM
Old 07-03-2007, 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you telling me there isnt one person on this board who understands why its not a great idea to announce to people that a married guy was at a strip club?

(Its just a point of ethics. Most wives are not cool with it and why cause problems for another dude)

No one on here gets this? Is nearly every guy who posts on here a single loser who plays poker in his underpants online?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not an ethical issue. Phil knows he is in the public eye and is recognized nearly everywhere he goes. It is his responsibility to deal with his wife on this. This is no different then someone coming on here and saying they saw TJ drop 10K at the craps table last night.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I heard about one guy who got a ticket for doing 37 in a 25.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sh^t, that got out. Oh well, I'll have to call Obama and turn down that VP gig.
Old 07-03-2007, 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So, it seems like a lot of young guys who lack in experience post on these boards. Anyway, that's all I want to say on the matter. Everyone makes their own ethical choices, I guess...

[/ QUOTE ]

I respect your opinion but keeping on rationalizing it by challenging the maturity and relationship experience of other posters is where you totally lose me. I'm 44, divorced and have had more gf's then I care to think about. From my experience with women in this country and Europe I can tell you that 1/3rd of them would go with me to the strip club, 1/3rd didn't care for me going but understood why (business development, out with the guys, etc...), and 1/3rd said, 'fine, I'll go with the girls to the male strip clubs.'

That may not be your experience but these comments about maturity and experience weaken what is a reasonable, albeit flawed, opinion.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:28 PM

I thought what happed in Vegas stayed in Vegas. Sounds like a law suit against Vegas Vistors bureau is in the future!
Go get 'em Phil!
Old 07-03-2007, 01:07 PM

His wife looks older than him. Anyone know if theres a big age difference? Also she almost certainly knows whats going on and has come to accept it as part of being married to a huge balla.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:37 PM

Ivey was headed into the bathroom at the rhino on Thursday as I was headed out.

But, more interesting (to me anyway), was the fact that one of the girls told me that she had seen Freddy Deeb in there once, and that he liked "real big women". Her description of the dance actually went something like "and then I saw this big girl dancing... and I thought 'why is she dancing alone?' and then she got up and I saw him sitting there". That cracked me up.