Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 11-23-2007, 07:18 PM

Default NL40 2 hands for consideration

$40NL live, I just sat down. Folded 10 hads and see the normal stuff. One player is in every hand and very agressive pf raiser and cbets(refered to as ATC), will fold to heat. Others like to limp, large bets seem to get most out but a few like to gamble on slim odds.

Hand 1:
I get 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] UTG. I call, MP is ATC and raises and cbets a lot raises to $5, 6 players in.

Flop is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check, guy on my left bets $10, one caller, I raise to $20, both call.

Turn J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], I have $20 left, Shove?

Hand 2 ($75 in my stack, still short stack at table):
I have Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] from MP. everyone limps in front of me, I call, ATC raises to $5, everyone calls, 7 players.

Flop is 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I check, ATC bets $20, one caller to me, I ?
Old 11-23-2007, 07:20 PM

Default Re: NL40 2 hands for consideration

hand 1: fold preflop. as played i like to open shove the flop. people wont fold. as played, you see why you need to protect your hand, minraising is terrible. but you have to shove now, youve over half your stack in the pot

hand 2: again, fold preflop. and again, shove the flop.

in both cases, ATC may fold, but theres 5-6 others in the pot and theres a good chance one or more will call
Old 11-23-2007, 08:18 PM

check raise all in on the flop seems great for both hands...
Old 11-23-2007, 08:27 PM

How does ATC proceed postflop? You said he's super-aggressive preflop and that he c-bets without fail, but after his c-bet is called does he slow down or keep firing? If he keeps firing, I like "check/call flop, check/call turn, open-push river or CRAI river" for both hands. There's no reason to push people off their hands in these situations, so you might as well get maximum value from your quiet little monsters.

Oh, and for the record: fold both hands preflop. They're dog crap when you're short and when the guy on your immediate left is GOING to raise you. There's no way to profitably play 65s for a raise of 1/6th your stack preflop, or Q9s for 1/15th your stack preflop. Let 'em go and wait for a real hand.

Oh, and you might want to get a seat change button, especially if you hope to play loosely like this. At the very least, I want position on ATC postflop so that I can make better decisions on the turn and river.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How does ATC proceed postflop?

[/ QUOTE ] Folds to raises most hands unless he has really hit something. He basically looks to steal anything he can get away with.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:51 PM

To limp/call off 1/8 of your stack UTG with 67s seems like a fantastically bad idea no matter what. As mistakes go this one is pretty big. Cr the flop ai. In the second hand I would probably bet the flop, unless you are really sure someone behind will bet. As played crai.