Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 07:03 PM

Default BTN open, I 3bet AJ, line check

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $40.12
Hero (BB): $74.72
UTG: $30.99
MP: $33.60
CO: $116.23
BTN: $54.68

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $2.00</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7.00</font>, BTN calls $5.00

Flop: ($14.25) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $9.50</font>, BTN calls $9.50

Turn: ($33.25) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets all-in for $38.18</font>, Hero folds

Pot Size: $71.43

Standard ?

EDIT : forgot to say, hes 28/13 and steals alot (27 att to steal)
Old 09-18-2007, 08:23 PM

Default Re: BTN open, I 3bet AJ, line check

I wouldnīt fold the turn. I think the pot is too big. I think this guy is exactly the type to call your 3bet with random garbage, xpertly float the flop and then shove the turn with any pair or any heart, at least some of the time. I think if you decide to rr w AJo pf, you have to felt your hand in spots like this. I mean, exactly what were you hoping to flop? I actually like your turn check give him a chance to bluff if he was indeed floating, but plz donīt fold.

You canīt 3bet pf, make your hand and then fold getting 2:1 on your money, that just seem so completly backwards.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:33 PM

28/13 looks pretty weak. And 27% isn't too high of an attempt to steal. I'll give you that 13 PFR compared to 27% steal attempt probably means that most of his raises ARE from the button, however I dno't think he's exactly stealing ATC.

I think AJ is too weak of a hand to 3bet a light blind stealer from the BB with. I'd rather do it with like 76s. In position, I guess it's okay, however out of position, AJ is a hand that gets you in trouble. It's often dominated and you never quite know if your kicker is good enough, espeically OOP.

As played, I think flop is standard. I think his flop to cbet % matters a lot.

You hit your J on turn!! I think hitting a J is better than hitting an A. Why would you fold now? I call. I think he might do this with a ton of hands. Lots of pocket pairs, etc.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:38 PM

I like this line if you call turn, although I'd like it a lot more if you actually had 3betting history and not just a fairly average attempt to steal.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You hit your J on turn!! I think hitting a J is better than hitting an A. Why would you fold now? I call. I think he might do this with a ton of hands. Lots of pocket pairs, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so lets say he has a pocket pair.

On a very simple level, you beat 6 pp's and lose to 5. You also lose to flushes and 9x. I think its a call if it's another J, but do you think this guy is bluffing here &gt; than the 50% of the time you need to win to make the call +EV ??

Just gimme a range.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:57 PM

Firstly, what are you doing reraising with AJo oop preflop? This hand although not a bad one will regularly get you into trouble if you are not carefull with it. Play this hand carefully with position and employ pot control with cbetting.

Secondly, there are two cards that really help you here, a J and an A. Preferebly you would like a J to fall. So why when it does hit you fold when you are getting approx 2:1 on your money. I do not like your position here but its an instacall.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:58 PM

Fold preflop. I'm really not a fan of 3betting AJ OOP against someone who calls too much.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Firstly, what are you doing reraising with AJo oop preflop? This hand although not a bad one will regularly get you into trouble if you are not carefull with it. Play this hand carefully with position and employ pot control with cbetting.

Secondly, there are two cards that really help you here, a J and an A. Preferebly you would like a J to fall. So why when it does hit you fold when you are getting approx 2:1 on your money. I do not like your position here but its an instacall.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are getting 2:1 On your call. Is he *really* bluffing here &gt;33% of the time? If so, give me a range.

Speaking of ranges:________ACES______________________ TRASH

Button ranges are This big: [---------------------------]

AJ Falls somewhere here:______AJo.

If we belive our hand is better than his range (which it is) we can reraise to try and win the pot. AJ is certainly good enough to resteal.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:12 PM

When he calls a reraise we are generally in a reverse implied odds situation. Nevertheless, preflop is still alright, but 27 steal attempt isn't that high - this is much better against someone 30-45.

Probably fold turn, although it sucks. It's hard to imagine him floating and going all in on the turn with anything we beat here, except maybe TT, he'd be bluffing if he did.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When he calls a reraise we are generally in a reverse implied odds situation. Nevertheless, preflop is still alright, but 27 steal attempt isn't that high - this is much better against someone 30-45.

Probably fold turn, although it sucks. It's hard to imagine him floating and going all in on the turn with anything we beat here, except maybe TT, he'd be bluffing if he did.

[/ QUOTE ]

winner