Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 01:30 PM

Default AQ in reraised pot

I have been at the table for a while and have been playing quite tight. Villain seems to be fairly solid and TAG. He is running at 18/15/3 over 500 hands. We have not been involved in pots together.

Based on his stats, I choose to reaise preflop this time.

A pretty decent flop, however, villains calling range should be quite narrow if he is any good. I check behind to keep the pot smaller and possibly squeeze out a bet from an underpair.

Turn isnīt all that great in case he coldcalled my RR with KK, but canīt really give it up. I opt to call and reeval. The turn should trouble him somewhat too, since I might have checked KK behind on the flop.

And then he bets big on the river...

problem here is, my hand looks pretty weak, but still, can he entirely rule out an ace from my range and try to bluff me with worse? I do think he would dump AJ preflop actually, and probably not try to bluff with it.

I canīt see much but a pure bluff that I beat, but folding feels so damn weak it makes me want to cry.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $110.75
BB: $50.00
UTG: $99.25
Hero (CO): $51.25
BTN: $24.25

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6.00</font>, 3 folds, UTG calls $4.25

Flop: ($12.75) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($12.75) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $10.00</font>, Hero calls $10.00

River: ($32.75) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $22.00</font>, Hero ??
Old 09-17-2007, 01:39 PM

Default Re: AQ in reraised pot

Raise more preflop.
Bet flop.
As played, we have no idea where we are on turn, he could be taking a stab with 22 or 98s or something.

I am completely lost on this turn because of first 2 streets, and probably fold, although I hate folding since we totally underrepresented our hand. He could have an underpair here quite often.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:46 PM

AQ plays HORRIBLE against a PF 3bet, you're showing why
Old 09-17-2007, 01:49 PM

I don't see how you can take this line and then fold the river.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:50 PM

AQ plays horrible yes, but at least HERO has position here. Preflop reraise is ok. Flop bet 2/3 pot. Turncard is absolutely no scarecard since AK had you already beat at the flop and there is absolutely no other king in his range (except KK) which has you beat. Bet again at the turn and let's see what happens. If he calls. Re evaluate river / check behind
Old 09-17-2007, 01:54 PM

By checking flop you forced yourself to call him down. JJ and QQ are big part of a 3 bet calling range OOP from a decent TAG and once u check flop he thinks you have 88,- QQ alot and is now trying to rep a big hand.

3 bet isn't a horrible size IMO, he's in pos and it's almost 3.5x the initial raise only 100bb deep. it's good.

If you bet flop you figure out where you are much more easily. I would say checking flop vs good players is a sure fire way to make u pay them off when your behind or fold the best hand when your ahead. Checking vs bad players is decent cause they will fire more barrels w/ underpairs.

As played, i think a monster line would be to (Once u ccheck flop) min raise turn to rep AAA or KKK and if he shoves, easy fold. Or even if he calls you can shut down knowing ur not good.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:06 PM

Preflop is fine... I bet/fold pot on flop and a little less on the turn.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AQ plays HORRIBLE against a PF 3bet, you're showing why

[/ QUOTE ]

I appologize I read this wrong, deceptive flop check is high variance, but I would call/call although AK is def within his open/ call 3b range
Old 09-17-2007, 02:49 PM

As played, the river is a call.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:16 PM

Don't reraise AQ pf if you aren't willing to put a good portion of your stack in on boards like this.