Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 11-19-2007, 02:32 PM

Default Odd situation with turn minraise. 25nl

Must I call this turn raise? Villain is 52/1.75/1.2 over 220 hands and is a typical loose passive player.

Poker Room skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.15/$0.25
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $25.60
CO: $22.30
Button: $30.10
SB: $30.50
HERO: $24.10

Pre-flop: (5 players) HERO is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $0.5</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">HERO raises to $1.5</font>, CO calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($3.15, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">HERO bets $2.5</font>, CO calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($8.15, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">HERO bets $6</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $12</font>.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:56 PM

Default Re: Odd situation with turn minraise. 25nl

Aggression factor of 1.2 usually means that they are betting with their upper range of hands. His range before he is minraising is so hugely wide that it easily included any suited cards. So you don't like seeing the extra heart.

But his PFR is really really low, you could be up against a hand like KK or QQ that decided to come alive on the turn. Since you have the Ah, you have the odds to call for a flush if you don't think he has a FH.

Villan's line looks kind of like QQ.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:12 PM

If his PFR is really hovering around 1.75 that is an extremely narrow range, like AKs, QQ+. That being said we beat or split with all but QQ. It'd be nice to know if he would likely reraise KK/AA preflop, but since we don't have that info I have to leave them as possibilities. With the money already invested in this pot I'm just calling to showdown even if that means calling a river all-in.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:20 PM

So you put him on what, QQ? I think villain can find it in his heart to misplay some other hands as well. Just shove. If we are going to take his pfr% seriously he raises QQ+, and we have 65% equity vs that range on the turn. Or do you think he will think he is beat with KK on this board after his xpert slowplay. If he chose to raise some random hand pf we are 21% vs a range of trips, boats and flushes and we only need 27%.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:36 PM

We have the A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] so it's unlikely he has the flush. Even though QQ is likely here you're ahead of pretty much anything else so I push.

Raise to $2 pf. Normally you can 3-bet 3-4 times the original bet + extra for limpers/callers but since he min-raised pf, I want to 3-bet the "maximum" reasonable amount.

As an interesting side note, I once played agaisnt someone like this (50/1.3/x/150+ hands) and saw him raising 36o on the button. Yeah...