Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 06:44 PM

Default Re: Running into this crap all day

[ QUOTE ]
Greg, do not post on tilt. Like I've said in your OP I will ban you without thinking twice about it if I see you abusing this forums members quite so unneccessarily. In future, do not post until you can leave your aggression at the door.

Maunzekater's response was more than adequate, and I agree. AQo is too far behind to be shoving here because both villains calling ranges are too slim to justify it. Its push or fold and I fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

The issue has clearly been resolved here and also through apologetic PM's with Maunzekator. Once again I am new to 2+2, so I obviously misinterpreted Maunzekators post. If I knew he was giving me sound advice, I would obviously not reply with an aggressive tone. There is a different code of talking here, not to mention many people do not speak english as their first language so you have to take that into account.

Todd's initial response was necessary to get me off of idiot mode.

FWIW I apologize to those I offended. It wont happen again.

I know its hard to resist taking every opportunity here to tell me that I'm an immature moron, but please accept the fact that I've learned my lesson and I plead for no further public embarrassment.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:52 PM

Ummmm... grunch.... and - I vaguely recall a books by Harrington or Sklansky that says its 'acceptable' or something to play AK this way from UTG?

So I put him on AK and happily fold [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2007, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I vaguely recall a books by Harrington or Sklansky that says its 'acceptable' or something to play AK this way from UTG?

So I put him on AK and happily fold [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was the SB, not UTG. Further, unless the books specifically mention they are referring to 6 handed play, they are speaking of FR strategy. Two very different beasts, nonetheless I still think there's +EV in calling.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:19 PM

I call this. How is this not some complete utter trash. Villain is not shoving the top end of his range.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I call this. How is this not some complete utter trash. Villain is not shoving the top end of his range.

[/ QUOTE ]

Play 25NL much?
Old 11-13-2007, 08:08 PM

fold. he has KK or AA sometimes QQ. You should be glad that he gave You that info pf.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Play 25NL much?

[/ QUOTE ]
Today, at 25NL, one guy limped on the btn and shoved over my raise with A9o for 50bb, one other guy shoved over my raise from the CO with A5o for 40bb. And they were tighter than this guy. People play bad. This guy plays every hand and he plays every one of them badly.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Should I just deposit a few hundo and start out at 50NL

[/ QUOTE ]

Way crazier stuff than this happens all the time and not just at 25NL.

Steam control is really important, especially in short-handed play. If you find yourself getting exasperated by stuff like this, take a break, get some exercise, just do something else. Come back with a clear, focused head and just play each hand as best as you can.

If you feel this way playing in a 0.10/0.25 game, imagine the emotional rollercoaster you'll be in for when the blinds are $5/$10.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:27 PM

I think you guys are nuts...I've seen people complete in the SB a few times with QQ+ like this, but that is very rare...I see people do this with trash like Axs, face cards, any PP, etc all the time.

didn't I make a thread a few weeks ago about how I think people are using ranges that are too narrow in spots like this

we show profit here, fo sho