Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 01:41 PM

Default Re: Survivor China OFFICIAL THREAD

i have never wanted to apply for a reality show since survivor started airing in 2000...but watching the amazing race (all stars) last season for the first time (i sorta lost interest in tv for a while during college) and watching survivor this year for the first time since the first three seasons, i would love to get on this show to figure out how easy it would be.

i realize most people probably think this...and im not saying i would win...but people are so bad at life/playing the game. i'll admit around my friends i can be abrasive/rude...but how these people can't tone down their real selves so as not to cause problems is beyond me. u cant tell me its lack of food cuz i've done sports where u cut ridiculous amounts of weight and its bearable (a little different but u get the point).

in the first 3 episodes some of the only advice you really need has been dropped by some of the players:

james-go to barnes and noble and read up on survival books...this way you can survive/help your team.
leslie (to james)-ask people questions about them. people love talking about themselves...this way you can be liked.

and obviously work hard but not too hard and keep your mouth shut to a degree (although dont get all stubborn in your silence like chicken).

im sure plans change a bit once u get to camp but it seems like people are just full of stupidity and probably didnt even have a plan (yes, some do...like todd, amanda, aaron) but the fact that there are so many people being so dumb is a true testament to the casting people.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:02 PM

wisehand, I agree with almost everything you said, especially your points about Dave and JRB making huge social mistakes (I think Dave can't help himself, I think JRB is just dumb). But I disagree about a Frosti/James wrestling match being a remotely fair fight: In the first round of the guys, James ran at Frosti, Frosti got good and low on James, but it didn't matter, James just completely overpowered him anyway and he tossed Frosti into the sea in two seconds and moved on to his next victim.

Frosti seems like a really good athlete and I think he and James will be pretty equal in all racing/agility type stuff (like that gauntlet from the first episode).

James however has the potential to be the best athlete in Survivor history. I'm not just talking about his build, he also seems to be super quick and fast and everything else. He's basically as quick as Frosti and he has probably 70 pounds on him. I think he's an 15:2 favorite in king of the mountain type games vs Frosti.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:08 PM

I actually don't think Aaron is too game smart either. He allowed himself to be pushed into the leadership role, and now he's pushing it too hard, with the JRB blow-up and his one-mindedness in duscussing this week's elimination.

Right now, were i asked to pick one person to win it all, I'd say it's Erik. He's got a very Ethan Zahn quality to him, though maybe a little less competitive. He's likable and has stayed under the radar despite being his team's second best physical threat (after Frosty). Everyone seems to be losing their heads around him, but he's kept his.

Other than Erik, I think Todd and Jaime are playing the best games, though I wonder if Todd's frustration at JRB + James' words might suggest he'll become more an emotional player than a logical one. He kept his personal feelings on tap for this week's vote, but there's still a lot of rain and starvation to work through.

other than those three, Amanda's probably in the best position. She's letting others do her playing for her and not terribly weak or strong, so I'd guess she makes final six, then gets eliminated in the next couple of weeks after that.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:13 PM

Looks like this could be a youth dominated season at the end with Todd, Aaron, Jaime, Amanda, Erik, and Frosti all jockeying themselves for a long push. Wouldn't surprise me if they all bonded when the merge came and tried to push out people like the black lady, the mullet lady, JRB,James,etc.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:35 PM

The blond chick who is friends with Sister Christian from the other tribe has a sweet, sweet rack.

I thought the douchiest move I saw last night was this:

That guy catches the crab.
They discuss options for eating said crab.
He says he wants the damn crab.
NY waitress suggests boiling the crab in water so everyone else can then have some crab-flavored rice or something.
Douchebag says "No, I think that's a bad idea" with absolutely no basis to his proclamation other than he is being a petty little bitch.

That guy thinks he's running way more than he actually is...
Old 10-05-2007, 03:50 PM

I found the slow motion action freeze during the rope cutting challenge was interesting. An action freeze shot that reminded me of something like Kill Bill. Does Survivor normally put special effects like this into the shows?
Old 10-05-2007, 03:55 PM

When they did the first one, I was like WTF? I thought it was setting up for a machete accident that would follow in a couple seconds.

When it became evident they were doing it for every person, it became sucky.

And no, they've never really done anything like that before, and yes, it reminded me of Kill Bill as well.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:57 PM

I was getting prepared for some blood too....
Old 10-05-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When they did the first one, I was like WTF? I thought it was setting up for a machete accident that would follow in a couple seconds.

When it became evident they were doing it for every person, it became sucky.

And no, they've never really done anything like that before, and yes, it reminded me of Kill Bill as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

They didn't do one for the 70 lb. girl. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2007, 05:35 PM

Courtney is so weak, they were bound to lose that challenge anyway, b/c even if she was a puzzle solver, they still had to drag the pole with weights across the entire course and she would have been useless at that. Even Dave and the black lady struggled with it a bit.

I didn't understand why they voted Leslie instead of Courtney? Maybe they were pissed that she blabbed all the tribe secrets to the other tribe.