Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 08:08 PM

Default Re: New Laptop.... (What to get?)

Kind of new when it comes to computer tech type stuff but i'm looking for something similar to the OP.... except I want the biggest screen possible and best resolution possible for a laptop, the size of it is not a big deal since i'll mostly be travleing with it and setting it up in hotels and such. My main concerns would be power of the laptop.... I want to be able to have lots of programs open without the laptop getting really slow, I want the battery life when not plugged in to be as nice as possible, and i'd want the 1600x1200 resolution/big monitor as mentioned already. Also if possible id' like for the laptop to be able to be set up with my desktop to be used as a third monitor (not sure if this is possible for all laptops). I was going to make a new thread about this but any recommendations here might be enough.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:17 PM

Default Re: New Laptop.... (What to get?)

well I just went to dell's website and clicked on notebooks and the first thing I come across seems a bit too good to be true... anyone know anything about this: http://www.dell.com/content/products/pro...=dhs&~ck=mn
I'm sure theres got to be some downside to it. Seems great on the surface though for poker... although i'm not sure how it would fold and close for traveling purposes.