Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2006, 12:58 AM

Default Re: Perhpas a retarded laydown 5/10

ahnuld,

I don't understand your check. If you're going for check-raise, doesn't that mean he should have a good hand to bet due to short stack? Surely JT and [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]'s would check behind and take the free card. Shouldn't you just lead again instead of trying to CR K7/K9/Q9 off his hand? Isn't that a better way to get paid off?
Old 12-16-2006, 09:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ahnuld,

I don't understand your check. If you're going for check-raise, doesn't that mean he should have a good hand to bet due to short stack? Surely JT and [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]'s would check behind and take the free card. Shouldn't you just lead again instead of trying to CR K7/K9/Q9 off his hand? Isn't that a better way to get paid off?

[/ QUOTE ]

spades and JT won't call again.... The bet doesn't have a huge amount of value...
Old 12-16-2006, 10:35 AM

so is the 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in your hand or on the flop?
Old 12-16-2006, 11:01 AM

I think when you check this turn you need to have some idea what you're going to do if he bets and some idea what to do if he checks behind. It seems you didn't so you should have done what you would normally do here which is bet.
Old 12-16-2006, 03:13 PM

well i had JT and hit the straight so gf

i think u should have def bet the turn though

sick lay down though dude
Old 12-16-2006, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ahnuld,

[/ QUOTE ]

spades and JT won't call again.... The bet doesn't have a huge amount of value...

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it has value, it's called protecting your hand.
Old 12-16-2006, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ahnuld,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he's got a set. most of the time his opponent is drawing dead
Old 12-16-2006, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ahnuld,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I still fail to see the value in checking over betting the turn.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ahnuld,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I still fail to see the value in checking over betting the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

he will often bet the hands he would call + you get value from some that wouldn't call.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ahnuld,

[/ QUOTE ]

I give up on pots too much imo and sometimes I like to make CRes on turns like this to keep people from running me out of pots on the turn. Checking the turn here isnt great I admit, but if he bets I can call and lead river or I can make a CR allin. The pots pretty big by the turn so any bet I make gets a fold from alot of hands I think he has here. If he commits alot of his stack with a strong K Iits hard to laydown for the extra 400 left. or if he makes a kinda bluff with a Q he would have folded that turn my turn lead anyways. Or he could bet a draw and then have to call. But yeah, leading is probably best in this spot.

In related news, im apparently awesome. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]