Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > Two Plus Two Internet Magazine
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2006, 01:49 PM

Default Suggestions for the 2+2 Internet Magazine

Just wanted to drop a couple of suggestions for the IM and maybe others can use this thread to offer some of their own ideas.

First and foremost I think (but could be mistaken) that the 2+2 IM is in its early stages and the overall goal of the magazine is probably to become bigger and more popular.

To point out some of the positives about the magazine as it is right now I think many of the strategy articles have been extremely good and I also think that Dynasty is doing a bang up job as editor.

My first suggestion would have to be the layout of the front page. I think it could use a bit of work. One suggestion would be to feature a picture of the author next to the link to the article. Maybe also have a summary of some of the article's content to go with it.

I also think it would be a good idea to add some "fluff" to the magazine in the form of pictures and/or coverage of the tournament circuit. It should be important to appeal to all players, not just serious players who are only looking to improve their game. Having said that, I think "blow by blow coverage" of every final table would be a bit silly. But maybe a monthly article covering where the WPT/WSOP circuit is going and/or what is happening in the online world would be good and appeal to many players. I might be interested in submitting some sample articles in this area.

I can see some of the magazine headed this way mostly with Deascoft's recent articles where he interviewed well-known poker players. Perhaps the interviews could have been slightly better and some pictures could have been included.

Just to reiterate, I think there are some very good happenings with the magazine as it currently is but there is definitely room for improvement. I think it is important to have features that appeal to all players and the goal of the magazine should be to feature accurate, important, and interesting items as well as to increase in popularity.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:28 PM

Default Re: Suggestions for the 2+2 Internet Magazine

[ QUOTE ]
...or coverage of the tournament circuit

[/ QUOTE ]

Try this:

PokerWire
Old 11-20-2006, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Try this:

PokerWire

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my whole point. We don't want people going to other websites for poker, we want them here.
Old 11-20-2006, 12:49 AM

OK, if you click this 2+2 link

you will see 5 avenues to other sites. Now the top link says "Tournament News" but it goes no place. They should have that link lead to PokerWire.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:53 PM

I would also love to see some articles about the tournament circuit, with some commentary on what is going on in the poker world, and not just tournament results.