Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 01:20 PM

Default Re: A unique feature for a pokersite

[ QUOTE ]
I have an idea that I think would get the first site that applies a huge amount of new regulars.

In a survey at one of the biggest swedish pokerforum the Question was about fairness/rigg. It showed that roughly 50% did not think the cards were dealt absolutley random.

What if a site implemented a display in the cashier that showed how well one is doing with draws, sets and all-inns vs expected value? It would not be much harder than saving handhistories at the users CPU? Then show how many % above or below expected value one are regarding draws and how many $ one are above or below expected value in all-inns.

* all-inns vs Exp value
* pktpairs flopping set when seen flop vs exp value
* flushdraws getting there on turn vs exp value
* flushdraws getting there on river vs exp value
* open enders getting there on turn vs exp value
* open enders getting there on river vs exp value

I think it would be useful regardless of what one is thinking about rigg/fairness of the sites. You would get a good idea if you play great or just running hot (Something like the pokerEV luckmeter in another thread but more exact).

Why would any site not like to get a big share of the 50% that feel unsure about the fairness of pokersites (if they have a truly random carddistrubution)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Boss network has EV% for all ins in real time.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:22 PM

This does seem like it would take a lot of work to do something that is not really needed anyways. Those 50% that do say the sites are rigged are most likely just upset because they are not winning players or have been getting cold decked recently.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pokerev.com has this for all-ins. I think there's like a setometer or something you can download as well.

What I'd like to see is a more complicated version of pokerev. Like, more than just all-in equity. Say you bet the flop and turn and get sucked out on the river. pokerev.com doesn't count this hand because it's not all-in, but in reality you just had an obvious downswing and if the program added these types of hands then it would be more accurate as to how bad or good you are running.

[/ QUOTE ]

This feature would make everybody think every site was rigged. How often do you take the flop with the best hand against 2 or more opponents, and when you lose on the river, only 1 of those opponents is still in with you? Well, when you see that he caught a 5-outer to crack you, it will look like you were unlucky. But, between them, all of your multiple opponents clearly had more than just these 5 outs, but you only saw the hand of the one opponent who got there. This feature is going to make it look like you're very unlucky to lose to all those 2-outers and 5-outers, when you were really often losing to a combined 10- or 15-outer.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)
Old 10-04-2007, 01:58 PM

What Greg said.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:38 PM

What Greg said is something I've been telling people at the table for years. 4 players see fifth street, dood who has been pushing the action the whole time bets, two people fold, and the 4th guy who had just been calling raises. At showdown, it becomes clear that the calling station hit his 4 outer or whatever. Loser than goes on a 10 minute tirade about bad beats and omg omg omg I just got 2 out'd. I always calmly say to the guy, "well there were three other people in the hand so there were a ton of cards you had to dodge buddy" while he just keeps on muttering about 2 outs, 2 outs.

People are dumb.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:30 PM

what about my idea for a site...that had tournament software where it made the BB avg stack/100 for the whole tournament and didnt do it based on time
Old 10-04-2007, 03:34 PM

i agree with the "Jump to conclusions matt" ohohoh you know
Old 10-04-2007, 03:38 PM

Losers won't believe poker isn't rigged until it's rigged so that they won't lose.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:29 PM

grunch: fishies would say the stats were rigged.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:44 PM

What about hot ice?