Old 10-07-2007, 01:10 PM
AbeFroman17 AbeFroman17 is offline
Junior Member

Default Re: The official PAYTRU thread

I received this email this morning. I have to think this is NOT a good thing. The company sure looks like they are passively getting out of the gambling business in the US. So, while mine doesn't expire for years, I think it is probably prudent to NOT keep a lot of money on there. I am putting my limit at $500. If it costs me a few bucks to withdraw all the time, I think that is a better option than getting hosed if they end up going belly up. Companies that make decisions like this have little reason to keep things going if they are not in their long term plans.

Mac
Old 10-07-2007, 03:11 PM
BadLieutenant BadLieutenant is offline

Location: romania

[ QUOTE ]
I received this email this morning. I have to think this is NOT a good thing. The company sure looks like they are passively getting out of the gambling business in the US. So, while mine doesn't expire for years, I think it is probably prudent to NOT keep a lot of money on there. I am putting my limit at $500. If it costs me a few bucks to withdraw all the time, I think that is a better option than getting hosed if they end up going belly up. Companies that make decisions like this have little reason to keep things going if they are not in their long term plans.

Mac

[/ QUOTE ]

I got this email sunday morning.Good thing I don't have any money in my PaytTru account.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:29 PM
joshrocker joshrocker is offline
Member

I also received my email. My card doesn't expire until 2010 but i'll be a little bit nervous about using my card from here on out. What sucks for me was this was one of my last ways to deposit. None of my credit or debit cards work. I'll still use the card, but I won't leave any money sit on it. I'll transfer to and from a poker site and immediately withdraw my funds from an ATM if i'm doing a cashout.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:19 PM
gator8373 gator8373 is offline
Junior Member

guess i will start requsting checks from PS instead. rather be certain to get my money than take a chance and have it held up like neteller. sucks. this was a great convenient low cost arrangement.
[ QUOTE ]

Old 10-07-2007, 09:28 PM
gator8373 gator8373 is offline
Junior Member

btw, sent the following email and received an immediate response. i still will leave a very small amount on the card and w/d to my bank account after each PS cashout.

**********************
Old 10-08-2007, 12:42 AM
Losing all Losing all is offline

Location: Clavius

I got the same email today, not sure what to make of it. NT gave us zero warning, PT giving me 28 months. How about a happy medium, say 2-4 weeks. I think small cashouts and pulling it out right away is probably a good idea.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:36 PM
poorolrich poorolrich is offline

That is the same response that I received although from a different person. I have sent four e-mails since I got mine but no information other than what you show has been given.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:15 AM
MicroBob MicroBob is offline

Location: The cat is back by popular demand.

I don't keep any money on there anyway.
If I cashout to Paytru then it's to hit the ATM or make another purchase pretty much right-away.

For some reason though I did not get this e-mail.
I must be good to go on Paytru FOREVERZZZZ!!!!
Old 10-13-2007, 04:52 AM
pshady pshady is offline

paytru is the greatest cashout/deposit tool ever created!!... as a matter of fact the greatest thing to ever happen for pokerstars!!! its really sad to see this go away in the year 2010. ;(
Old 10-17-2007, 12:38 PM
KajunKenny KajunKenny is offline
Member

anyone else having problems logging in?