Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 12-02-2007, 02:30 AM

Default Re: Official Washington exposes Hawai\'i the Fraud Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
where is assani?

[/ QUOTE ]

Shouldn't he still be arguing for Hawaii's consideration in title game anyway? Three 1 loss teams, they're gonna be one of em most likely.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been here the whole time, and let me repeat now for the third time that my argument wasn't based upon me thinking that Hawaii is a top 2 team. I don't have any opinion on that either way. My argument was based around the fact that we don't know how good Hawaii is because they havn't played anyone, so lets make them face the toughest possible game(the title game) so we can find out.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they win this game then I actually agree with you. Every other team blew a chance to make the championship on the field. Apparently Hawaii blew theirs when Michigan dropped a scheduled game and because they joined the WAC.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
where is assani?

[/ QUOTE ]

Shouldn't he still be arguing for Hawaii's consideration in title game anyway? Three 1 loss teams, they're gonna be one of em most likely.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been here the whole time, and let me repeat now for the third time that my argument wasn't based upon me thinking that Hawaii is a top 2 team. I don't have any opinion on that either way. My argument was based around the fact that we don't know how good Hawaii is because they havn't played anyone, so lets make them face the toughest possible game(the title game) so we can find out.

[/ QUOTE ]

But, we do know how good they are. Or rather, how good they aren't. It's not just that they haven't played anyone of any consequence, it's that despite that they haven't dominated. If they had rolled through their schedule by 3TDs a game, people might think differently. They didn't.

[ QUOTE ]
so lets make them face the toughest possible game(the title game) so we can find out.

[/ QUOTE ]

We don't need to find out. Victories reflect current win-loss record, they don't predict future victories better than SOS and MOV does. All we need to do is look at the handful of terrible and mediocre teams that have given Hawaii some very close games. If Hawaii had just beaten the living crap out of all those terrible teams, you have a much stronger argument about "finding out" what would happen against a proven good team from a major conference.

edit: damn u clark, same argument made 10 secs earlier

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
where is assani?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If they win this game then I actually agree with you. Every other team blew a chance to make the championship on the field. Apparently Hawaii blew theirs when Michigan dropped a scheduled game and because they joined the WAC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Michigan State, but yeah that win would have given them a shot. Although I'm not sure who they added. If it was Washington it won't matter much.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:32 AM

Damn you Hawaii for making the shovel pass your first quarter playbook, you're making my 550 yard prediction look silly when you could have been throwing it on this defense the whole night.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I smell a butt kicking. Huskies have played some very good games against a slew of teams better than the Warriors.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm...still smelling that now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Huskies are up a TD against a team that has shown zero ability to stop the run.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:33 AM

Continue the comeback Hawaii! Lets go to Sugar Bowl. i love the Cinderella stories. I am an SEC fan but I actually hope Hawaii beats LSU that would be great.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Damn you Hawaii for making the shovel pass your first quarter playbook, you're making my 550 yard prediction look silly when you could have been throwing it on this defense the whole night.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL NDantiwillinghammaments
Old 12-02-2007, 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
where is assani?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Michigan State, but yeah that win would have given them a shot. Although I'm not sure who they added. If it was Washington it won't matter much.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, MSU dropped. They tried to replace them with Michigan and even USC, but both teams said no. I think they filled that game with Charleston Southern, but I could be wrong.

edit: It was Northern Colorado they replaced MSU with.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
where is assani?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you are retarded.

Pretty sure them routinely beating awful teams by less than 10 is proof that they suck

Not to mention tonight

[/ QUOTE ]

Thus far they have probably played the worst half of their season, at least in terms of stupid mistakes, and are down a touchdown getting the ball.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the kind of reasoning that allows a blacked out me to make $ at sports betting