Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 07:02 PM

Default Re: Mark Seif responds 1/11/07. Most amusing!

The fact that Seif thinks this is some unlawful giant smear campaign against him is pretty funny. If he were to provide us credible evidence of his innocence, I think 2+2ers would be very willing to lend him more credibility and believe other comments he has made about AP.

Until that happens though, I don't see how any of these allegations are unwarranted.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:07 PM

Mark,

If you happen to read this thread, we would love to have you on our poker radio show this Sunday night. You have been a guest before and we have covered the AP story very closely. See the link in my profile for our show website.

I don't expect you to take us up on this as you seem to want to release information at your pace. You don't want to face the tough questions and your reputation in the poker world is being damaged beyond what you think it is.

However, the option is open to you. Please send me a PM if you would like to tell your side and answer some serious questions.

Adam
Old 11-01-2007, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From http://www.bluffmagazine.com/blog/bl...0&bcatid=4

[/ QUOTE ]

His fixation on Dan Druff has gotten kind of funny, in a weird, creepy way. This guy just doesn't know when to STFU.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:25 PM

guys just think about it this way...if mark seif sues dan druff, seif will simply become public enemy #1 in the poker world. you think he would put himself through that?
Old 11-01-2007, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now I understand why he plays poker and doens't practice law much. This man should not be representing himself or anyone else in any serious matter.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol, QFT

[ QUOTE ]
I have been told that it is likely that Absolute Poker does have those hand histories

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, now that they've had time to be edited.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mark seif was an Owner before the scandal and the instant the story broke hes just a poor spokesman that cant get a single Hand history.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-01-2007, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if mark seif sues dan druff, seif will simply become public enemy #1 in the poker world

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I don't believe Seif ever cheated or ever had access to opponents hole cards. I generally had no strong opinion or negative impressions of him before his reactions to this scandal came to light.

Having said that, Seif's statements containing vague, thinly veiled threats of a potential civil suit have dragged my opinion of Seif down a notch or two.

If Seif were to be such a megalomaniac that he actually would go to court and sue a victim who lost money on his site, this could only increase the damage to Seif's now tattered reputation an order of magnitude. This could only serve to permanently destroy any chance he would have of partially rehabilitating his image with the poker public.

It simply boggles the mind how irrational and self-righteous people can become when they feel they are being attacked. How can anyone who is a spokesman and/or partial owner of a gambling institution that has admitted to the worst violation of trust possible conceivably think his actions should not be subjected to public scrutiny? The most generous thing I could say about Seif's statements to date is that wow oh wow does he sound like a lawyer, in any negative sense of the word one could imagine.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mark seif was an Owner before the scandal and the instant the story broke hes just a poor spokesman that cant get a single Hand history.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
NO NO he merely ''endorses'' AP now...
Old 11-01-2007, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Seif writes:
[ QUOTE ]

Witteles has made several false claims and he continues to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seif has stated this before. Yet he refuses to say what those false statements are. Seif=douchebag (imo)

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly!!!!!
Old 11-01-2007, 08:03 PM

Going to play devil's advocate here (brace myself for the nasty posts about me...).

The one thing that doesn't makes sense regarding the 2/15/06 session is why would Mark Seif only cheat once, for 20 minutes? If he had the ability to see the cards, wouldn't he keep cheating, like AJ? If Mark had other suspicious sessions, it would be all over the web by now.

(FYI, I made a replied with a rather long post to Todd's post "My rebuttal to Mark Seif on RawVegas.TV" where I did my best to analyze the body language of both. My impression is that I found Mark's denial suspicious)