Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2007, 11:15 AM

Default Re: Are we getting ready for another war? News Story....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To be honest, I would've loved to fly helicopters if capable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it looks like you have been sold by the romantic adverts for the armed forces. If "flying" helicopter is your idea of fun, I would suggest civilian helicopter piloting. Of course, if you'd like to crash helicopters or being shot down in a helicopter...

Ah, the naivety of youth! How could we have a war without it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm very a very pacifist and compassionate person, but if your out in the real world you have to realize that conflict is part of our nature. Some individuals on a basic level love to fight, and others are just batshit insane. There are several countries where these individuals gain control of a country, and they will not see reason and logic as you do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 05-24-2007, 11:36 AM

Wow, nice troll; I didn't see that one coming...no really... Even if we had an insane war mongering president, we have a system of checks and balances and believe it or not he could not start a nuclear war because he felt Jews were unclean.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:44 PM

I would bet my entire bankroll that if Israel would come clean about its nukes and agree to decommission them and agree to a nuke-free ME that Iran wouldn't pursue nuclear weapon capabilities and would agree to oversight.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, nice troll; I didn't see that one coming...no really... Even if we had an insane war mongering president, we have a system of checks and balances and believe it or not he could not start a nuclear war because he felt Jews were unclean.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah checks and balances. Like if the congress wanted to stop a renegade president's illegal with a large mandate form the people of this country then it would be easily done. God bless America.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah checks and balances. Like if the congress wanted to stop a renegade president's illegal with a large mandate form the people of this country then it would be easily done. God bless America.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah because everyone in America thinks we should withdraw from Iraq. Not everybody shares your opinion, k thx.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yes, thank God that the federal government is acting as a check upon itself!

[ QUOTE ]
The War between the States established . . . this principle, that the federal government is, through its courts, the final judge of its own powers.

[/ QUOTE ]

~ Woodrow Wilson

[ QUOTE ]
If the federal government were ever to become the sole judge of the limits of its own powers through its own courts, then there would eventually be no limits to those powers and the Constitution would effectively become a dead letter.

[/ QUOTE ]

~ Thomas Jefferson
Old 05-24-2007, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The War between the States established . . . this principle, that the federal government is, through its courts, the final judge of its own powers.

[/ QUOTE ]

~ Woodrow Wilson

[ QUOTE ]
If the federal government were ever to become the sole judge of the limits of its own powers through its own courts, then there would eventually be no limits to those powers and the Constitution would effectively become a dead letter.

[/ QUOTE ]

~ Thomas Jefferson

[/ QUOTE ]

Quotes can easily be taken out of context, and if you feel that you are oppressed by the United States government then you have the right to get the hell out of dodge. Seriously, so much anti-US sentiment on this board but what you don't realize is that we have the oldest consistent government in the world.

America is one of the youngest countries, but with the oldest government. We are obviously doing something right.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

~ Woodrow Wilson

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

~ Thomas Jefferson

[/ QUOTE ]

Quotes can easily be taken out of context, and if you feel that you are oppressed by the United States government then you have the right to get the hell out of dodge. Seriously, so much anti-US sentiment on this board but what you don't realize is that we have the oldest consistent government in the world.

America is one of the youngest countries, but with the oldest government. We are obviously doing something right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps he'd like to stay and possibly see this country get back to its roots before it rots to death.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:09 PM

Change in government is inevitable, but it's very difficult to tell whether or not the above poster wants America to turn into AC land with a comment like that above.

Back to our roots? The federal government was strengthened over 150 years ago, a change that cost the lives of over half a million Americans.

If anyone should be arguing against a strong federal government it should be me, since I'm from Louisiana; A state that has had several hundred billion dollars in oil revenue stolen from it in the last 60 years. We are the 48th poorest state, yet have some of the largest oil reserves? Did you know that for several decades we were the only state to not receive a dime from our oil revenue, a ruling that was just overturned after Katrina when Blanco threatened to sue Washington? Washington caved in and we are finally getting 35%, which is better than nothing.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah because everyone in America thinks we should withdraw from Iraq. Not everybody shares your opinion, k thx.

[/ QUOTE ]

70%.
And counting.

(90% if you subtract the Young Republicans who want war but won't serve).

q/q