Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2007, 07:22 PM

Default Turn play with set

Not many hands with Villian who is 27/13.6/2.5 over just 26 hands.

Full Tilt Poker
$/$ No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
8 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($0, 8 players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $2</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, BTN folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls $1

<font color="black">Flop:</font> Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($6, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1</font>, UTG calls $1

<font color="black">Turn:</font> Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] ($8, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $4</font>, <font color="red">Hero ?
Old 03-19-2007, 07:57 PM

Default Re: Turn play with set

3-bet. You are behind to 2 hands AK and QQ for all reasonable intents and purposes and there are a lot of pair &amp; draw hands he could be raising with here. I think a decent number of players with these aggressive stats (albeit very limited) would cap QQ and AKs preflop as well. If capped, I call down unimproved and raise any paired board.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:18 PM

first off, wtf converter suckiness? surely you can do better.

villain's line really screams monster (see http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e#Post8458535). it could be a "monster" like AA, but this is a pretty scary board for AA. i suppose it could also be a random semi-bluff with something like A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

QQ and AK are unlikely, but i can't think of many other hands villain would play this way.

i think i call and re-evaluate river, maybe sticking in my raise there.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:21 PM

looks like an AK here. Its hard to put him on a hand at this point because I've seen lots of players at those level peel off a card on the flop with AK eventhough they had absolutly not draws except to their over cards. I think that you should limit the damage and just c/c all the way to the river
Old 03-19-2007, 10:52 PM

First I think 26 hands is not really enough to give us an accurate range on this player. In particular with regards to his PFR stats. It's very possible he picked up a bunch of strong hands early in the session. 26 hands is ok for VPIP but you need more to get an accurate read on his raising standards

I don't really agree that most players will cap with AK. A lot of players tend play it very weak pre flop because it's "a drawing hand" However I do think QQ is doubtfull. I think alot of the 2 pair hands like QJ,JT, QT don't really make sense based on how the way the hand was played. Most players don't raise in EP with these hands. Checkraising the turn with these hands against a PF 3 better with this board doesn't make much sense either. (but then again there are alot of dumb players so who knows)

The real question here IMO is does he have something like AT, KQ, KJ? And would he play them this way postflop? (checking the flop, then checkraising the turn with just a draw or pair+ draw against a player who's shown alot of strength) If he would play these hands like that then we have a ton of equity vs. his range but the Villain here is essentially unknown. I really don't like giving unknown's credit for making plays like this. With a better read I'd probably 3bet but in this spot I think I'm calling down. (maybe that's weak though)