Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: The American dream is...
becoming wealthy by working hard 19 43.18%
becoming wealthy by working hardly 25 56.82%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-05-2007, 01:59 AM

Default Re: How much of a dick am I?

[ QUOTE ]
It's too late to write the letter. I had to make my decision by the end of school today. If you can't tell by my previous posts, I took the punishment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Should have just argued about how punishing you is unjust and made a big deal about it. From my experience in high school, the school always backs down once they see you are willing to create a stir.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:59 AM

i'm kind of surprised you are all taking he kid's side here.
All he had to do was tell the lady to stop using his spot to turn around because it was making him late and also remind her that they aren't allowed to drop-off there in the first place.

Instead he blocks her in and then sits there for 5 minutes doing nothing.
She may have just been waiting for you to finish whatever you were doing or she thought you were waiting for some other car to back out or something.

I think it's unfair to expect the lady to react calmly when you just leave the car there and walk off when she knows that you see her.

Yeah, so she used the space inappropriately several times in the past.
This was the first time OP had even attempted to do anything about it and he big-time over-reacted.

Looks like NT! and I are mostly in agreement on this one.
OP's wrong is worse than the lady's wrong.
She very possibly corrects her behavior with just one attempt to bring it to her attention.

I think that intentionally leaving a car there for 15 minutes (would have been longer if not for them making him move the car) is the greater evil when compared to her simply pulling-in and backing-out in that space too many damn times.

OP gets many more points in my book though for his superior MS-Paint drawing and seems to be conducting himself reasonably intelligently in the subsequent discussion on here.
A written apology seems silly on one hand...but leaving the car there and totally blocking her in for 15 minutes intentionally may actually make it warranted.

It might not be because she's got a soph daughter at this school.
It might just be that the school is trying to discipline what they see as kind of a punkish, disrespectful act from a 17-year-old.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:00 AM

If you had to do it all over again, would you make the same choices?
Old 04-05-2007, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You were a bit of a dick so you should apologize to the people at the school, but you should def NOT write her a letter and also screw the detention. Just go say your sorry to the counselor but don't do anything else. It's not worth the school's trouble to make a bigger deal out of it, and if they call your parents, get your parents on your side and have your parents ask if the lady was in the wrong to begin with. The school pretty much has no recourse then. What are they going to flunk you out for this??? Ha.

[/ QUOTE ]
My mom has to call the student moderator. Of course, we're on spring break right now, so this won't be until the day before we go back(she doesn't know about this event right now, I'll probably tell her later this week)
Old 04-05-2007, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you had to do it all over again, would you make the same choices?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think I probably would...that might sound dumb, but the way I see it, this lady told me she doesn't care about the fact that she is not allowed to drop her kid off in this specific lot. If this is the case, what's going to stop her from doing it if I ask her not to? What's going to stop her from using my spot if I ask her not to?

If she doesn't care(which she obviously doesn't, since she told me so), nothing will stop her. Because the most the school can do to her is say "Please stop". She really has nothing to lose, except in this case, 15 minutes of her time.

As far as the apology or punishment goes...I take the punishment every time.

A teacher(whom I respect very much) told me "If I have to choose between apologizing for something I am not sorry for, or taking a saturday school...I would serve a saturday school from now until the day I die".

I'm pretty stubborn. If I believe that I shouldn't apologize, then I won't apologize just to smooth things over.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fury,

A lot of private school kids always have ridiculously nice cars. I knew a bunch of kids in school who totaled their cars in accidents that were 100% their fault, and then they had NICER cars within a week.

I'm not sure what this has to do with the thread though.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, as soon as i started reading your post i thought about responding about people totalling their cars and getting nicer ones, happened to one of my brother's friends. get in a big accident, parents got him a new lexus cause it was a "safer" car. so sick
Old 04-05-2007, 02:17 AM

DO THIS..........IT WORKS!
Old 04-05-2007, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fury,

A lot of private school kids always have ridiculously nice cars. I knew a bunch of kids in school who totaled their cars in accidents that were 100% their fault, and then they had NICER cars within a week.

I'm not sure what this has to do with the thread though.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, as soon as i started reading your post i thought about responding about people totalling their cars and getting nicer ones, happened to one of my brother's friends. get in a big accident, parents got him a new lexus cause it was a "safer" car. so sick

[/ QUOTE ]

I know one kid who clipped a construction worker and messed up his SUV, then got a bigger one. This blew my mind.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's too late to write the letter. I had to make my decision by the end of school today. If you can't tell by my previous posts, I took the punishment.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love when these threads have a happy ending. I salute you! well done
Old 04-05-2007, 03:05 AM

ha. to be young and 17 again.

nice mspaint crabs.