Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2007, 09:55 PM

Default Re: The worst typo I have ever made

Some of you guys are funny. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

'What a fish to make that call with only TPTK' type of reaction is understandable but way out of point in this situation. I am not saying it was not a blunder from me, because it could very well be one. But the thought process to that conclusion should be a lot more complicated than 'damn, my TPTK ran into a strong resistance, I should get the hell out of this hand, what do I beat anyway?'. As someone said this could be a mildly interesting strategy topic if we want to go that way.

After the original mistake, with the unfortunate combination of the board texture and the reaction from the villain, I walked into an unwanted psychological warfare situation. I knew the villain knew about my mistake. I knew he is a player well capable of making a move to take advantage of that situation. He definitely knew I would have made a continuation bet of $10 even if my hand did not include an ace. He and I have been exchanging raise and reraise in previous hands, sometimes not with premium hands, knowing that each other was making rather loose bets and also knowing the other is not always raising with a monster. Also unfortunately the size of our stack was perfect for that purpose here.

I could almost rule out AA-TT or AK from his range because of the preflop action and my READ which is based on our history. So what do I beat? Or the better question is, what does beat me? I was beat by AT (the most likly hand given the situation), AA or TT not likely, 44, possible. Could he make that move with lesser hands like AQ, AJ or even a draw? I thought so. Total bluff with a lower pocket pair or something like that? Less likely, but still possible. Remember there was a good chance that I did not have an ace here. I need to call $336 for a $557 pot, getting about 1.66:1 odds.

Maybe fold is still a right play and I am willing to admit my call was also affected by the irony of the situation (that is, the feeling that I was making a mistake at the best possible moment until he actually raised me), but please save 'fold your TPTK' comments for someone who needs a micro stack advice from you. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I just wanted a laugh after that disaster.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

'What a fish to make that call with only TPTK' type of reaction is understandable but way out of point in this situation. I am not saying it was not a blunder from me, because it could very well be one. But the thought process to that conclusion should be a lot more complicated than 'damn, my TPTK ran into a strong resistance, I should get the hell out of this hand, what do I beat anyway?'. As someone said this could be a mildly interesting strategy topic if we want to go that way.

After the original mistake, with the unfortunate combination of the board texture and the reaction from the villain, I walked into an unwanted psychological warfare situation. I knew the villain knew about my mistake. I knew he is a player well capable of making a move to take advantage of that situation. He definitely knew I would have made a continuation bet of $10 even if my hand did not include an ace. He and I have been exchanging raise and reraise in previous hands, sometimes not with premium hands, knowing that each other was making rather loose bets and also knowing the other is not always raising with a monster. Also unfortunately the size of our stack was perfect for that purpose here.

I could almost rule out AA-TT or AK from his range because of the preflop action and my READ which is based on our history. So what do I beat? Or the better question is, what does beat me? I was beat by AT (the most likly hand given the situation), AA or TT not likely, 44, possible. Could he make that move with lesser hands like AQ, AJ or even a draw? I thought so. Total bluff with a lower pocket pair or something like that? Less likely, but still possible. Remember there was a good chance that I did not have an ace here. I need to call $336 for a $557 pot, getting about 1.66:1 odds.

Maybe fold is still a right play and I am willing to admit my call was also affected by the irony of the situation (that is, the feeling that I was making a mistake at the best possible moment until he actually raised me), but please save 'fold your TPTK' comments for someone who needs a micro stack advice from you. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I just wanted a laugh after that disaster.

[/ QUOTE ]

if your thought process is tldr, it is always wrong in poker
Old 07-23-2007, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if your thought process is tldr, it is always wrong in poker

[/ QUOTE ]

You can call only one paragraph in the above post as the 'thought process'. One other paragraph is about background information which I didn't need to think about at the time of the decision. If that's too long to read for you, good luck. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-23-2007, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, no one cares.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A better thought process is: I have TPTK, villain goes all-in, snapcall.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:55 AM

instasnapcallrubbuddhastatue is the best play