Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2006, 02:57 PM

Default Tony\'s Week 6 NFL Picks (YTD 17-12-4, +9.5 units)

YTD 17-12-4, +9.5 units

Last week i continued my trend of winning in the odd number weeks, but this week i'm hoping to break my trend of losing in the even number weeks with the following plays:

Buffalo @ Detroit
Detroit +1
1 unit @ 1.980
Detroit are not a 0-5 team and could easily be 4-1 now if things had gone a little different. I like them to get their first win of the season here in a close one.

NY Giants @ Atlanta
NY Giants +3
1 unit @ 1.926
The Giants looked back on track last week against the Redskins and i like them to continue that momentum this week in Atlanta. The Giants D only allowed Washington 164 total yards last week and if they can repeat that performance and stop the Falcons running game and force Vick to throw then they should be looking at a win in the Georgia Dome.

Philadelphia @ New Orleans
Philadelphia -3
2 units @ 1.952 (I got this line earlier in the week and you'll have to shop around to get -3 at the best price now)
Should be a good game with both teams 4-1 but i think the Eagles will just have too much for the resurgent Saints. The Eagles have won their two road games this season by 14 points both times although the Saints will pose a tougher test than Houston and the 49ers did. Home field advantage is usually worth 3 points but the Superdome is probably worth about 5 to the Saints. That being said i still rate the Eagles better than the Saints by about 10 points and think they'll cover the spread of 3.

Miami @ NY Jets
NY Jets -1
2 units @ 1.862
The Dolphins are plain awful and Joey Harrington won't change that. Okay the Jets aren't great and are a little banged up this week going by their injury report but should still be able to handle Miami at home giving only 1 point. Forget last weeks performance against the Jags and remember their performance against the Colts the week before where they were unlucky to lose.

Chicago @ Arizona
Over 38
2 units @ 1.980
Two good offenses and one bad defense should make for a lot of points on Monday night. Grossman has 10 TD passes which is only one behind league leader Donovan McNabb. Matt Leinart will make his second start for the Cards after looking quite good in last weeks 20-23 loss Kansas City completing 22 of 35 passes and 2 TDs.

Good luck to everyone with their plays this week.

Check out my blog here.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:25 AM

Default Re: Tony\'s Week 6 NFL Picks - Wrap Up

A very good 4-1 week for a profit of +3.59 units which brings my YTD to 21-13-4 for +13 units.
My only loss of the week was the Eagles who i think suffered a bit of a comedown after the Cowboys game the previous week.