Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 05:57 PM

Default AQ from CO. Calling station?

$3/6 HORSE. Main villain is a HORSE regular who is pretty good, although IMO not aggressive enough for the ante structures in the stud games. He knows who I am, and he also knows I am on about a week's downswing in HORSE limit. I am super-splashy on early streets in stud, and he has way adjusted to this lately. I don't know if he is separating the games well enough to play back at me differently in H than in RSE (I am kind of weak-tight in H because I suck).

Even in a vacuum, this is how I end up playing missed AQ and AK a lot of the time. Is it standard? Usually odds are provided to call flop and turn, but then I just can't fold the river. I always feel like people make moves on me in hold em way too often. Even "red names" on full tilt have done this. I remember some hand from the WSOP HORSE coverage where Tomko calls down with AK but then folds to the river bet. I thought to myself how can he possibly fold there. Should one fold?

Full Tilt 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB
Old 11-10-2007, 06:36 PM

Default Re: AQ from CO. Calling station?

I don't think that the horse players are going to c/r bluff the flop and then follow through the whole way. There is not even a draw on the flop, he would have to be betting complete air the whole way for you to win here. Even if he only has one pair, your Ace outs could be tainted. I think you have to fold the turn.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think that the horse players are going to c/r bluff the flop and then follow through the whole way.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, they are
Old 11-10-2007, 06:46 PM

I like the hands you post. grain of salt as I do not play online.

If you are playing lhe weak tight and you feel people are taking shots at you I think you need to call down here and look him up. You've probably lost, but at least you're going to get tangible metagame benefits.

fwiw, I think you're good here about 30% of the time. And you're right; against a weak tight player someone who bluff c/r overs on the flop is going to keep firing on a board this amazingly dry.