Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT

Old 11-24-2007, 03:47 AM

Default Re: Early hand Stars $320 vs Bill Ivey

actually i debate shoving river after bet...please dont fold. please
Old 11-24-2007, 03:49 AM

as played, good fold on the end. not many hands i can imagine him having that you can beat.
might have raised his bet on the flop, check-calling the flop and turn makes your hand look weak. check raising would have given you a chance for him to fold, or more likely have it go check-check on the turn.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:57 AM

hmm this may be better than I thought it was at first but it's pretty hard to fold on that exact card
Old 11-24-2007, 05:06 AM

I like a pot bet on this flop. If I get raised, I have to play poker...I don't have any reads on this villain but its pretty close between call & fold. I'm fine with the check/call on the turn. River as played you're practically begging for the bluff...the flush got there but 66 & TT didn't, which might have played this way. It really seems like BI is representing AhQh. It would account for the preflop call and betting all streets. 77-99 are likely too but those hands might make a bigger river bet to get paid off by a flush. I think I fold the river.

For those advocating a call on the river, what is villain bluffing with?
Old 11-24-2007, 05:56 AM

I like this hand a lot for a number of reasons:

1) villain's range pre is huge and encompasses a lot of this flop hence i don't lead as I dont want to create a big pot OOP on a very ugly board. When he bets close to pot on the flop i really have no idea where i am but I think a c/raise here oop is horrible. thoughts?

2) I think the heart river is the most interesting card. It completes many hands, but not only that, it seems to contradict what he is representing on the flop and turn. He bets close to pot flop/turn then 3/4 pot river. I've gone over this hand many times and am yet to decide whether the fold is right.

3) I dont help myself by letting him take control of the hand and as such find myself in 3 difficult spots calling bets oop which he of course will be well aware of and could easily use to his advantage.
I'd really like to hear a decent hand analysis of this from some1.

Thanks
Old 11-24-2007, 05:56 AM

This hand is played fine on every street. I actually like c/c this flop and turn, and river could be a call but folding seems fine esp. against bill ivey.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:52 AM

I really like this line, but I think i hero call the river. He's really aggressive, and will semi bluff the flop a large % of the time, so c/c is great. If you are calling the turn, i think you have to call the river.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:30 PM

i'm not sure about some of the advice on this thread.

also i'm not that familiar with bill iveys game, but i assume hes a good aggressive player.

flop, i bet/fold most of the time. You will still be called by a lot of hands you beat. its very likely hes raising with 2pair + so you will lose the minimum. also metagame, if your checking your marginal hands here then you open yourself up to 3 barreling.

turn, now i would check call, since you hand could easily be whiffed overcards and theres a good chance he will semi bluff it or take a stab at if floating. i think its unlikely he will value bet worse here tho.

river, i check call again (but folding a % of time, based of timing tells and bet size) since if hes semi bluffing / bluffing turn hes very likely to fire two barrels fire 2 barrels.

i dont dislike your line tho, good hand hartwith post some more.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:42 PM

I definitely think you should bet the flop and fold to a raise but I like folding the river just fine. I can see him 3barrel QQ but I can't see him 3barrel JJ or TT. Looks good, but is pretty damn gross.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:51 PM

question if river is 3d or 3s are we calling the river bet? ( to the people who like heros line)