Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit

Old 11-16-2007, 04:05 PM

Default Re: Blind steal meets resistance, for the first time...

Why does he need to have an Ace? Maybe he has a Queen and doesn't believe you have an Ace. I don't think it is very likely he can't beat King high.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:30 PM

you said your stealing at will and he gives up on the turn, here he is not giving up so why with nothing do you feel the need to continue. Just fold and steal next round
Old 11-16-2007, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you said your stealing at will and he gives up on the turn, here he is not giving up so why with nothing do you feel the need to continue. Just fold and steal next round

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop I believe I should have given up, I dont think calling one on the turn is bad. Obviously I know I need a diamond to hit, without that, I am done.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are we buying that villain has an Ace when he donks the flop ?

I couldnt put him on an Ace, as with my 100% C bet vs him when blind stealing, he has the perfect opportunity to c/r me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed that you're reading too much into this. Sure you've c-bet everything, but even if he's noticed that many players will continue to play their same old game regardless. In this case, he may even have noted that you c-bet alot, but figured that you will choke (they way that he would in your place) at the sight of those two fat Aces out there.

Hate the raise on the flop. The only good result you could have here is if he fold immediately having been bluffing. Once he fails to fold, his chance of not having an Ace is reduced dramatically. When he chooses to raise again instead of calling, once again we're looking at an even smaller chance he's on a bluff. If you can't fold to the 3-bet, the raise is terrible. The pot is small, and you've got almost nothing that can bail you out if you're as far behind as it looks like you are. Find a better spot to make these plays.