Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 09:50 AM

Default NL $100 Short Handed - was it wrong to get my stack in?

6 handed 0.5/1 NL $100 stacks

Villian in this hand was playing a lot of hands preflop but played fairly passively postflop. I was the most aggressive player at the table poking around in a lot of small pots but no big pots had been played.

Villian limps from early position I have AQ on the button and raise to $3.50 and get two callers.

Pot is about $10. Flop Comes QQ rag no flush draw. Checked to me I bet $5 one player folds villian calls. Turn card is another rag. Villain checks. At this point not sure whether he has an underpair or a queen, but figure I should keep my bet small on the turn to try to get a call from a stubborn pocket pair. We each have about $90 left and the pot is about $20. I bet $8, he calls. River is another blank a 4. He checks. Now the pot is about $36, we each have about $82 left. I figure its unlikely an underpair will call a third bet, and if he has a queen he will likely call for his entire stack, so I push all in.

Do you think I played my hand well?
Old 09-06-2007, 09:55 AM

Default Re: NL $100 Short Handed - was it wrong to get my stack in?

may as well add this now can't see what difference it makes he turned over Q4 got me with a full house on the river and of course called my all in.