Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2006, 05:19 PM

Default Howard Lederer DVD

"Secrets of No Limit Holdem"

yeah right. From the marketing of this DVD you would expect it to contain at least some advanced content. This is nothing but a very basic instructional guide for newbies.

This DVD will not make you a winner and I can't see how it would even help to improve the game of most experienced no limit players. It may help you lose less than most new comers to the game lose, but thats about all. It is strictly a newbie resource.

Howard Lederer is a con man to market this DVD in this way.
The title should be "No Limit Holdem for Beginners".

This DVD is a complete ripoff and I think its a disgrace to Lederer personally that he would put out a beginner's guide to no limit holdem and market it as "The Ultimate Guide to No Limit Holdem".

When's Ed Miller going to put out a no limit DVD? Now that I would buy as I thought his limit DVD's were good.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:39 PM

Default Re: Howard Lederer DVD

I'm sure that if Lederer put out an advanced version, it would be very good. I hope he does. If you watch his interviews and commentaries its clear he knows what he's talking about and would therefore make a good video of advanced play. Probably better than what Miller could come up with given he has more experience playing against top players.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:23 PM

Maybe you should have checked with us here prior to buying (or just watching) a poker DVD that has been discussed in this forum many times. I'm sure many of us could have informed you of it's "beginners" content.

Also, I doubt Mr. Lederer has much at all to do with the marketing of the product outside of his name and picture.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:21 AM

His name and his mug is on the DVD so the quality of the contents is a reflection of his integrity and reputation.

And to title a DVD "Secrets of No Limit Holdem" and underneath "The Ultimate guide to No Limit Holdem" you wouldn't expect it to be purely a newbie resource would you? But thats exactly what it is.

I wasn't expecting the world, and its not the money I don't even remember how much it costs I got it along with some other purchases. However I was surprised to see such a world class player put his name to such a crap and misleading product.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
His name and his mug is on the DVD so the quality of the contents is a reflection of his integrity and reputation.

And to title a DVD "Secrets of No Limit Holdem" and underneath "The Ultimate guide to No Limit Holdem" you wouldn't expect it to be purely a newbie resource would you? But thats exactly what it is.

I wasn't expecting the world, and its not the money I don't even remember how much it costs I got it along with some other purchases. However I was surprised to see such a world class player put his name to such a crap and misleading product.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think what deacsoft was saying is that whilst Howard made the DVD, the title and marketing side of it is out of his control. I've often heard authors say they wanted a certain title for a book, but the publisher decided on a different one. If this is the case with Howard, though, I'm not sure.

PJS
Old 12-06-2006, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
And the quality of the content is quite good . . . for beginners.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Howard almost certainly didn't name it. And yes, I would have expected it to be purely a newbie resource since that's what Howard himself stated it was over on r.g.p.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:19 PM

The "more secrets" is much better.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:28 AM

While we are on about his DVD's, has anyone seen his Texas "Limit" Holdem version? If so, how does it compare?

PJS
Old 12-09-2006, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The "more secrets" is much better.

[/ QUOTE ]
True.