Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 07:13 PM

Default Re: My life is over.

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, that is funny. I'm the Nazi because the OP doesn't have the yarbles to do what needs to be done, which is evict the parasite and move on with his life? I notice that you weren't able to answer my question. Again, I ask, what job do you suggest that a fortysomething woman, with no skills, get that will pay food, board, travel, and pretty much anything she wants without lifting a finger? She can't get a better job than what she already has -- the job of psychologically dominating this wimp who won't stand up for himself.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How about getting a full time job to support herself?

[/ QUOTE ]

She's done that. Her full-time job is catching a man. Sad to say it, but for an unskilled woman in her forties, what other job do you suggest that she can get that would pay anywhere near as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

if all youre going to do is spew your feminist-nazi [censored], then fk off.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

marry me. prenumpt of course.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, that is funny. I'm the Nazi because the OP doesn't have the yarbles to do what needs to be done, which is evict the parasite and move on with his life? I notice that you weren't able to answer my

clockwork orange? lol
Old 12-01-2006, 12:39 AM

she doesn't have to get a new job, just a new employer... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

who knows, maybe in this next orbit she'll learn what territory to she can play in, and what territory she can't. but that's her problem.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:55 AM

hey depguy,

First of all I think seeing a Doctor and taking some stabilising medication is a good idea. A big mistake people often make is to stop the medication when they start to feel better. Don't do that and make all decisions after consideration and consultation with your Doctor.

Secondly I think you are possibly ruining a good relationship by not being completely honest with your woman. I know she has been ignoring your requests to be left in peace while playing poker, but still by the sounds of it you are not being open with her regarding your state of mind. Don't bottle it up until it explodes and damages your relationship beyond repair. Finding a life partner is harder than building a bankroll. The suggestion of counselling was a good one IMO.

If you are really brutally honest with yourself, is she really responsible for your losses? Or has your subconscious insecurities/mid life crises pre-occupied you to the point it is affecting your game?

I seriously doubt that most winning players become losing players just because someone distracts them from time to time.

But I understand your pain, I'm on a large downswing myself and am feeling depressed and very unmotivated to play right now.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You might also try to incorporate a little BDSM into your relationship. I envision something like this:

- First, rent "The Secretary" and have her watch it. Tell her you want to introduce a similar dynamic into your relationship.

- Next, tie her up, put a ball gag in her mouth, and make her sit next to you while you play. After the session, untie her legs and hit it hard. Repeat as necessary.

- An alternative to the above: Tell her you are introducing a new communication method. Everytime she interrupts and you lose a hand, she will receive a spanking. The number of spanks will be determined by your loss, not including cents.

Disregard any of the above advice if it violates any local, state, or federal laws.

[/ QUOTE ]

BDSM++
Old 12-01-2006, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hey depguy,

First of all I think seeing a Doctor and taking some stabilising medication is a good idea. A big mistake people often make is to stop the medication when they start to feel better. Don't do that and make all decisions after consideration and consultation with your Doctor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Medication is for the weak, not 52 year old poker pros. Man, you know what you need to do, and you know how to get it done. You don't need to be wasting precious BR money ona shrink and pills. Ditch the pills and take command of your life. Join the Navy.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the poker problem is probably mainly a poker problem that's being amplified by other problems in your life.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-02-2006, 04:06 PM

then there isn't any sense in us responding if you won't be around to read it
Old 12-02-2006, 08:11 PM

sounds like there is some co-dependence here between you and the woman. not a healthy relationship. You should read up on the mystery method and david deangelo. Women should not have such control on your life.
Old 12-03-2006, 01:44 AM

your life isnt over.. it's a gateway to start a new one.

good luck.
Closed Thread