Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2007, 01:50 AM

Default Can You Be A Great SNG & Tournament but Suck @ Cash Games?

I've been trying to figure out the gap in my game. It "feels" like I'm unlucky in cash games...but I believe good poker players create their own luck. So I know it's something going on within me. I consistently get sucked out on the river. Now going into this you should know my bankroll sucks so I don't play no limit cash games... I play limit. Is it possible I just am not adjusting to limit play? Any suggestions to help with that? I consistently place in the top 10% in tournaments online and I consistently make the money in my SNG's. I'm pretty happy with the advancement of my skills in that area. Also, I'm a woman. I"feel" like in some ways being a lady at live games is a disadvantage. Either men perceive you as being too tight and give no action or they think you're an air head and will call no matter what. So maybe it's an image problem? Just some meandering thoughts from a better than average tournament player looking to improve all aspects of her game. TIA