Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2006, 11:57 AM

Default partypoker crashed tournament refunds

hi all,

yesterday i played in a 100+9 $ nolimit-holdem tournament on partypoker.
as most will know their server crashed ,the tourny was running a bit more than 1 hour then.so i kept waiting for maybe 2 hours if the tourny restarted or was cancelled.as usual no e-mail information from party.
i was still in the tourny (137 left of 258 entrants) so i got an email now telling me that the prizepool was divided among the remaining players (50% of the pool equally divided,the rest according to chipcount) which would be fine by me wasnt it for the fact that 258x9$ were kept by partypoker and not redistributed.i fail to see how they can keep all the tournament fees for a tourny which ran about 1 hour and kept the players waiting 2 more hours before the cancellation.
in my opinion all the rake should be refunded as well(wheter giving all players back 9$ or distributing it between the players still in the tourny remains discussable)
i dont even ask for compensation for the 2 hours waiting after the crash,but at least we should get back the entryfee here!

discuss

asteroid

crossposted in MTT
Old 04-04-2006, 12:12 PM

Default Re: partypoker crashed tournament refunds

That really sucks. I remember being in a Stars tourney when they crashed once and they did that same 50% payout thing, but the difference is that they also refunded the tournament fee of everyone who was still in. Party really shouldn't be keeping that since they [censored] up.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:59 AM

but apparently besides us two nobody really cares about partypoker collecting fees for a crashed tournament.i tried to send them an email regarding my complaints ,however,i several times got the message that my mail couldnt be delivered!?(neither to info@partypoker.com nor tournaments@partypoker.com).on the few mails i ever sent to them in the past i never experienced this before.could it be that they just received too many mails on the past two days?

asteroid
Old 04-06-2006, 11:06 PM

in case anyone is interested:
if you write insisting e-mails then partypoker will refund you the tournament-fee in the above mentioned case.my earlier inability to reach them via e-mail was caused by my internetprovider

asteroid
Old 04-06-2006, 11:53 PM

I haven't played their trny's for quite a while, but had plenty of crashes when I used to. Their computer-generated calculation of the refund always included the return of the fee.

It was the case then, and it still is the case now (I just checked), that Party's explicitly stated policy is to refund trny fees for trny's that crash any time during. See MainLobby / GamesRules&Options / Games Rules / Tournaments / (scroll down to) Disconnect protection and cancellation policy / (scroll down to) Multi-table tournaments. Or just go to http://www.partypoker.com/how_to_pla...scon_canc.html

[ QUOTE ]
MULTI-TABLE TOURNAMENTS:
If a tournament is cancelled due to technical issues the following refund policy will be implemented: Eliminated players at the time of cancellation will not be refunded their buy-in (amount that goes to the prize pool) or entry fee (amount the house takes).

Players still in the tournament at the time of cancellation will be refunded as follows:

1.Prize money equal to the amount that would have been awarded to the next player getting eliminated from the tournament will be awarded to all the players still in the tournament at the time of cancellation.

2.Of the balance prize pool left awarding as per point 1, 50% of the remaining prize pool will be distributed equally between all players still in the tournament at the time of cancellation and 50% of the remaining prize pool will be distributed on a percentage basis at the time of cancellation based on their chip count.

3.Their entry fee (for example: $3 in a $30+$3 tournament

[/ QUOTE ]

I presume you got a computer-generated calculation of your refund? If it did not include fee refunds then they've deliberately changed it so it conflicts with their policy statement.

Drawing this to their attention will either:
a) quickly get you your refund, or
b) quickly get the policy document changed.