Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2007, 04:30 PM

Default Small Pair -

Live 3-6 game. I'm in hijack with black 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Friend of my is on my right. He's normally pretty TAG but is a little off of his game as he hasn't played in awhile and is playing a bit too aggressively both pre and post flop due to some tilt as he's down.
Folds to him. He raises. His range at this point, given that's will be something like A9-AK, 88-AA, KT-KQ, QJ. I wouldn't put him on too much looser than that range.
CO is a solid player, Button is very loose preflop but won't be calling very many 3-bet hands cold. Blinds are very tight.
I 3-bet with 44. All fold and we take the flop.
A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

He checks. I bet. and he calls w/out too much thought.

Turn: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

He checks.
My action?
Some reads at this point. If he had an ace, I'm pretty certain that he'd craise the flop but not 100%.
If he flopped a draw or two-pair or better, I think that he'd wait till the turn to check raise me. Even if he didn't hit his draw - I think that's he craise me to try and get me to lay down JJ-KK as I've been playing pretty conservatively today.
So if he checkraises the turn, I'd put him on two pair or better, or a big draw.
I also don't think that he's laying down any hand that beats me at this point to a turn bet seeing as he's pretty sure that the river would go check check unless I had a strong hand.
He's probably also willing at this point to lead out the river on a lot of river cards regardless of what he has (think diamond, face card, board pairing).

Given those thoughts. What's the turn line?
Bet - if so fold to raise?
Check - call a river bet? - If so what river cards?
Check - check through on river?

I think I give up money in spots like this even if i don't get myself into them too often.