Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is the most hated mod?
NT! 19 12.42%
iron81 3 1.96%
Dynasty 22 14.38%
diebitter 20 13.07%
Dids 44 28.76%
daryn 8 5.23%
[censored] 25 16.34%
Other/ write-in 12 7.84%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-30-2007, 02:17 PM

Default Re: Line cutting scenario (long + polls + MSPaint)

Hi.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:26 PM

I'm definitely saying something to this guy, if not just because of the bluetooth. F him. The option you gave him was tricky but you have too much faith in the people of New York. Woulda worked in the bay no question. Just get him to the back somehow without calling the linelady. Or prank him somehow.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Recently at Costco a middle-aged woman approached me as I reached the register after waiting in a long-ass line. She had one item and asked to go ahead of me (the line behind me was still long as [censored]). I was like "It's not up to me to make the decision for everybody in this line. You get permission from every single person in line behind me and I'll let you go ahead of me. I can't make decisions for everyone else." She said "You can make decisions for yourself, though, can't you?" I said "Ma'am, I'm not going to argue with you, you should really just move along now." She called me an [censored], and it made my day.

[/ QUOTE ]

In this situation I'd let the woman go. While your method is more amusing and I have no serious problem with it, I understand that waiting with one item is ridiculous.

Sure there people other than me to consider, but that doesn't stop me from letting someone cut in from a gas station parking lot during traffic situations with many cars waiting behind me. People should understand this kind of common decency.

Another question for you guys: What if the cutter in line seems like they are genuinely accompanying a person already in line? I let this go on some occasions, but it can be hard to determine the situation. Did they come in the same car? Did they plan to meet and go in together? Do these things matter?

It's nice that the taxi deal makes this judgment so much easier. Either they are getting in the same taxi or they are not. If they are not...GO TO THE BACK!!!
Old 10-30-2007, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

In your case though, since no one else apparently cared, it makes you come off looking bad IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't understand your reasoning...

[/ QUOTE ]If no one else cares except for you, no matter how egregious it is, it makes you look bad IMO. I dunno. Like I said, it would totally depend on how I was feeling. I could very easily make a big deal by myself if I was pissed off enough. Later on though, I would probably be somewhat embarrased for not being more composed. I mean, its a [censored] line for a cab. Not a line in a bar!
Old 10-30-2007, 06:23 PM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

El Diablo,

Probably 95% of the time I would just ignore it.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:27 PM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

As an afterthought, for most of my life I was completely incapable of handling such a confrontation well. Even if I said something if he handled it at all wittily I literally wouldn't be able to think of things to say, it's like my brain would shutdown or something. Then I'm not sure why but I became better at engaging in those kinds of confrontations and being able to tell people exactly what I think exactly when I wanted to (like you considered at the end there) and I always ended up regretting it so I've switched back to being more passive.

Don't sweat the small stuff man, it's a few seconds in a taxi-line. Yes the guy's a douche but take comfort in the fact that he probably hates is life and doesn't have too many genuine friends. He's not worth stressing about.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yes, yes, make him go to the back

[/ QUOTE ]

I always call these people out and it will probably get me killed one day.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:39 PM

El D,

I'm really trying to understand your reasoning on taking a spot in front of him. I congratulate you for saying something and then not letting it go, but that last part just makes me go "WTF!?!"
Old 10-30-2007, 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
El D,

If I was to do something like that, I'd really trying to understand your reasoning on taking a spot in front of him. I congratulate you for saying something and then not letting it go, but that last part just makes me go "WTF!?!"

[/ QUOTE ]

I would do it to try to have other people notice what the [censored] is doing, hoping that everyone behind me will in turn ask to go in front of the douchebag until he's at the back of the line.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:04 PM

I say something ONLY because of the bluetooth. Otherwise I figure, meh my five minutes for someone's 30.

Once I have said something though, he's going to the end of the line. I usually don't negotiate, I just say, Hey. When I get ignored I walk up and get loud enough that everyone can hear.

Edit: I was going to ask if this was JFK before re-read. I hate that spot. It's got construction all around it right?