Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2006, 02:50 PM

Default (100 NL) reraised TT preflop, undercards flop

I don't recall reads on this one. I may not have had any, aside from his stack size. I'd guess I'm reasonably ahead of his open-raising standards, but I don't know these games yet. I'd like to get the caller out of the pot, but if this preflop reraise is out of line let me know. It sure made the pot an awkward size with my stack (I know, I should have the maximum buyin -- once I am more comfortable with these games I'll be keeping my stack at or above $100).

When he just calls preflop I think I'm pretty far ahead of his range, expecting to see 55-JJ, AQ+ the vast majority of the time. Maybe QQ should be in there fairly often too. On the flop I'm thinking he could have hit a set when he checks to me, he could be trying to get it all-in with JJ, and he could be c/f'ing all the rest. So basically, no new info when he checks to me. Am I wrong about that? I didn't really think too hard about my bet size -- the pot is 31 and I have 55.70 behind. In retrospect I think that was a really awful bet size-- if I bet less maybe I can get away from a set, if I just push maybe I can get JJ and QQ out. Of course, most of the time JJ is coming along, so is 99, so I'm not sure it really matters what I do with respect to those hands.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) converter

MP ($225.90)
CO ($77.45)
Hero ($69.70)
SB ($26.70)
BB ($137.60)
UTG ($100)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $3</font>, CO calls $3, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $14</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP calls $11, CO folds.

Flop: ($32.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $20</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $40</font>, Hero ???

I'd be happier getting the rest of my chips in here if he had just pushed on me. The minraise looks like he's trying to get the rest of my chips, not trying to push me out. Even if he has something like AcQc he has a lot of outs, so I guess I fold here.
Old 03-31-2006, 03:04 PM

Default Re: (100 NL) reraised TT preflop, undercards flop

I would not be surprised to see AA/KK/QQ here as I feel like many people play those hands like this if they get reraised preflop. I fold here too
Old 03-31-2006, 03:26 PM

personally, i;d keep a lot more money on the table and i'd also call before the flop

do you really see whiffed OCs making this min raise? i say nah, so you only beat 1 hand. . .
Old 03-31-2006, 03:30 PM

I like the reraise preflop in position. On the flop, I'm probably putting more in here ($25 or $30). As played, I think this is a fold on the min-raise.
Old 03-31-2006, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
personally, i;d keep a lot more money on the table and i'd also call before the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree about keeping more on the table, and I intend to once I feel just a bit more comfortable with the game.

Do you think the preflop reraise was awful, or do you just slightly prefer calling?
Old 03-31-2006, 03:54 PM

I usually just call preflop here w/o reads. IMO the flop is a fold.
Old 03-31-2006, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would not be surprised to see AA/KK/QQ here as I feel like many people play those hands like this if they get reraised preflop. I fold here too

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I wouldn't be surprised to see them here, I just don't expect AA as often as 77, for example. I guess 77 raises preflop less often, so maybe I'm wrong there, or maybe it's a negligible difference. What did you think of the rest of my range?
Old 03-31-2006, 04:49 PM

I like the Preflop raise - you can either call for set value or try to isolate vs overcards. When the flop blanks and he checks, I lead for 2/3 pot - I fold to the min-raise b/c the only hands doing that are AA-QQ or 88
Old 03-31-2006, 07:41 PM

I think your preflop raise defines his hand pretty well. Probably got rid of the club draws. Unless it was poorly played broadway suited or REALLY brave 88,77. When he checkraises this flop he wants your stack. Period. It's not a checkraise... 'I'm stealing this'. It's a 'put more in the pot moron'.

He doesn't want you to wimp out. He wants you to call with JJ-KK, AK. Probably doesn't think you'd do it with TT, or broadways. But wants to keep it cheap enough that you might. He may have hit a set... but any way you slice this you are way behind with little better than 2 outs, imho.

Mike
Old 03-31-2006, 08:03 PM

the reraise wasn't awful. i just prefer calling