Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2006, 03:11 PM

Default pretty uncomfortable throughout this QQ hand

This is my first orbit and I haven't played with either CO or UTG

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (11.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

River: (11.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 14.25 BB
Old 01-29-2006, 03:13 PM

Default Re: pretty uncomfortable throughout this QQ hand

Raise the turn, it looks like they're just as scared of the over card as you are, and you have position...

what do you put them on?
Old 01-29-2006, 03:16 PM

Bet the turn. If you get checkraised, then you can get uncomfortable.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:18 PM

I can't see you being behind anything on the turn, if they are being fancy then I think you want to bet and get c/red and fold rather than go on to call a river bet.

His range can only really be AA (scared of KK) JJ or QQ.

Now that I have looked at this I guess checking the turn is ok heads up but since we have another opponent I think we can bet it because the times we are ahead of JJ we win another bet and the times we are behind AA we still only lose the same. The only real other consideration is whether or not we beat UTG, but you have no reads so he could have ANYTHING.

True
Old 01-29-2006, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't see you being behind anything on the turn, if they are being fancy then I think you want to bet and get c/red and fold rather than go on to call a river bet.

His range can only really be AA (scared of KK) JJ or QQ.

Now that I have looked at this I guess checking the turn is ok heads up but since we have another opponent I think we can bet it because the times we are ahead of JJ we win another bet and the times we are behind AA we still only lose the same. The only real other consideration is whether or not we beat UTG, but you have no reads so he could have ANYTHING.

True

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't be surprised if one shows AT and the other has random junk. I think this hand range is giving a random 2/4 player too much credit. I'd bet the turn.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:31 PM

I'm relatively new to 6-max, but I think I would have bet the turn, to see if you can take the pot down there. I run into a lot of people who 3-bet the flop with flush draws and overcards hoping to get a free card. The 3 bet on the flop and then a check on the turn screams a draw to me. If he had a monster, CO would most likely have called your flop raise and then check-raised on the turn.

So you bet the turn, maybe you run into a check-raise, and then you are sad, but I just hate giving a free card in such a big pot with your hand.
Old 01-29-2006, 04:00 PM

I think more than likely you're going to be shown something silly like A-10 suited from CO. UTG cold-called 2 bets preflop and then called with all that action on the flop, but I think we would have heard from him if he had something that beats us.

Either CO has A10 or he has got T-T or K-K and was looking for a check-raise on the turn for some reason. But, I think the vast majority of the time you've got the best hand on the turn.

I'd bet the turn and see where it gets me. If CO or UTG wakes up with a raise, re-evaluate.