Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 02:12 PM

Default Re: nl200 - im a pussy, i wanna fold my 2pairs

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Call, of course. You got yourself into this, what else can you do? Preflop and flop are very marginal IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this mentality is a mistake. Every decision and every $1 is important. If you believe you're beat you should fold. If you believe you are ahead a large enough percentage of the time on this river, then call. But always make a decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] The decision is that you are ahead enough of the time to call given the odds. But it's worth thinking of how not to get into these spots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is a weak two pair good on this river 1 out of every 3 times, against an utg raiser who has bet every street hard. IMO, it is not.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not really "UTG", he's CO, it's 4-handed. But if that's your opinion, then fold, whatever.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:12 PM

i dont understand why anyone wants to fold the flop. pretty standard for UTG to fire with 100% of his range here, no?
Old 09-21-2007, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont understand why anyone wants to fold the flop. pretty standard for UTG to fire with 100% of his range here, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course...you are the raiser...an ace hit...you bet.

Mostly bc nowone probably hit it and everyone assumes you got it PLUS there are some nits **Looks around** who will just fold a ragged ace here.

If someone coldcalls you are screwed though...probably cant fire another barrel...

Wait what was my initial advice for the flop...lol lol lol.

This basic SH play not sure if these guys play 4-6 handed much doesnt sound much like they do which is fine.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Into two players who are prob. calling with any A and any K? Not so sure about that. But who knows. The point is that it's real easy for Hero to spew OOP here. But I don't hate the flop call, I'm just saying it's marginal, and when I get stacked, it's usually by making marginal plays one on top of the other, but maybe there's no other choice here.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Into two players who are prob. calling with any A and any K? Not so sure about that. But who knows. The point is that it's real easy for Hero to spew OOP here. But I don't hate the flop call, I'm just saying it's marginal, and when I get stacked, it's usually by making marginal plays one on top of the other, but maybe there's no other choice here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any king calls what you yourself calls a unusually strong bet.

Hmm

Hmm

THIS IS 4 HANDED SIR YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO BLUFF WHEN YOU WHIFF ON FLOPS IN ORDER TO WIN.

At the very least see where you are at.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Any king calls what you yourself calls a unusually strong bet.

Hmm

Hmm

THIS IS 4 HANDED SIR YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO BLUFF WHEN YOU WHIFF ON FLOPS IN ORDER TO WIN.

At the very least see where you are at.

[/ QUOTE ]

Calm down, dude. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I said nothing about an unusally strong flop bet, don't know where you got that from.

You don't know what Villain is doing 100% of the time. You weren't even there.

Betting to "see where you are at" is LOL on this forum. Just so you know. Since you seem to have been around for a while, I suppose this was some sort of joke.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:31 PM

pf is OK.
flop i just lead.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a good point. Calling preflop is marginal, check/calling flop is marginal, check calling turn is even more marginal.... and then you find yourself in this crappy spot on the river.

Bunch of small mistakes added up to this spot.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:09 PM

If your going to play laggish then do so with position. FOLD preflop. Long run calling with this hand in this position is -EV no matter how good you are. It is NOT marginal but a losing play.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:13 PM

i don't mind pf... probably not great, but whatevers

i'd usually just fold flop, cause our hand sucks

if i call flop, no way i'm raising anywhere.... give him rope.... and call call call

i don't think you win always, but it may be profitable