Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2007, 12:15 PM

Default Re: OT: Stars email complaining about my multi-tabling

Probably beats them over the head with their Sharkscope stats as well right? Love that.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Luis, do you berate the fish when they suck out on you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, he does frequently. I've pulled him up on it once or twice but he takes no notice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I do it, fish are always there no matther what, my ROI is the same and when I do it I feel better; Jintster I am not stupid that I do not understand the consequences of my actions, I simply don't care much and to be fairly honest with you I noticed that most of the donkeys who now hate me make even more bad calls in the attempt of busting me.

Actually this is a good point: I never received a complaint from PS because I was berating donkeys, I have to assume donkeys do not complain to PS.

I am pretty convinced that only a reg can write to stars to complain about another reg's time of action.

Can we just close the topic "Luisgallo berating donkeys at the table" is pointless and if you want an even more in depth explaination of why I am doing it just PM me.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:24 PM

poker_in_pb doesn't have any respect for the other players. He surely wouldn't take that long to act in live poker otherwise he would get his ass kicked. But since he's playing behind his computer, he apparently doesn't mind pissing people off since there is no risk involved. There was a thread on pocketfives about annoying sng players and his name came up numerous times. He probably enjoys this attention he's getting.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, he does frequently. I've pulled him up on it once or twice but he takes no notice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I do it, fish are always there no matther what

[/ QUOTE ]

No they aren't

There is no reason to berate a fish, 1 of 3 things happen, they ignore it and nothing changes, they realize they suck and put some effort in to get better, or they decide they don't like getting berated and leave. There is no tangible upside and you're only hurting everyones ev longterm, including yours. Quit being a douche
Old 06-25-2007, 12:30 PM

poker_in_pb has quit pushing into my BB like a maniac (L7+) and actually made a little friendly chat the other day. Well it was sorta friendly chat. It started by boku87 making one of his ridiclous plays and poker_in_pb saying "terrible play". poker_in_pb actually won the hand so it was unusual for him to chat because the only time he ever really chats is when someone makes a loose call and wins and he says "terrible call". So anyway, after I said, "why do you think boku is on a $30K downswing?", he started some friendly chat.

So now that he has been a little nicer I no longer think he is the biggest turd at pokerstars.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I do it, fish are always there no matther what, my ROI is the same and when I do it I feel better; Jintster I am not stupid that I do not understand the consequences of my actions, I simply don't care much and to be fairly honest with you I noticed that most of the donkeys who now hate me make even more bad calls in the attempt of busting me.

Actually this is a good point: I never received a complaint from PS because I was berating donkeys, I have to assume donkeys do not complain to PS.

I am pretty convinced that only a reg can write to stars to complain about another reg's time of action.

Can we just close the topic "Luisgallo berating donkeys at the table" is pointless and if you want an even more in depth explaination of why I am doing it just PM me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, I'd want to change the subject too. So you must have some glimmer of an idea that what you're doing isn't good, or you'd be more proud of it.

Why even come on this site if you're going to take an attitude which is diametrically opposed to pretty much every other poster on STTF? Go hang out on P5s or something. People like you are 10 times worse for online poker than Frist.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:46 PM

Luis

1. You berate the fish even when they make bad calls and you win. So it's not just about making you feel better.

2. If the donks hate you and make bad calls on the bubble, I can't see that helps you with your pushing range (unless you are somehow able to remember all the donks you berate and manage to adjust).

3. You play a fair number of tables. Don't you think you might be better off paying more attention to how people are playing than wasting time arguing in chat.

4. Guess what? It's plain rude and unpleasant. Even if it had no other consequences it would still be unacceptable. I expect better from a Petrus swigger.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Luis

1. You berate the fish even when they make bad calls and you win. So it's not just about making you feel better.

2. If the donks hate you and make bad calls on the bubble, I can't see that helps you with your pushing range (unless you are somehow able to remember all the donks you berate and manage to adjust).

3. You play a fair number of tables. Don't you think you might be better off paying more attention to how people are playing than wasting time arguing in chat.

4. Guess what? It's plain rude and unpleasant. Even if it had no other consequences it would still be unacceptable. I expect better from a Petrus swigger.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jinster, I like your post, you are probably right in most of what you are saying (I do not berate them when I win though), again I don't see what my behavior has to do with OP's original problem.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:16 PM

fish play more often when it is fun for them, which means if there are people who twenty table and time out constantly they are affecting 160 other people who it is now less fun for, and consequently less likely for them to play... unless it is their job.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:18 PM

It's an attitude, which is why I guessed that you also berate the players. Creating a hostile environment at the tables is no good for a) overall profitability, b) your own general play, c) your peace of mind, or d) universal karma.

People either play poker to make money or to have fun. What you do at the tables drags down both.