Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 01:13 PM

Default Re: KT gets teh road rage - TR

[ QUOTE ]

In the middle lane on a highway, going about 65.
Not much going on in front of me and the right lane is wide open.
I figure I'll move on over to the right lane because traffic is moving along at a good clip.
Put on right directional, look in my rearview and begin my move to the right lane.
As I do this I look right and immediately have to swerve back into the middle because this [censored] [censored] goes wizzing by at about 90 in a low-rider celica pos.
This [censored] was going so fast he was a blur.
When I had looked in my rearview, he was aleady in my blind spot. Had I not looked right as I began to change lanes, I and my family would have most certainly been seriously injured, if not killed.

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess is that you wouldn't like me very much.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If you actually think passing on the right is a "dick move" when there's someone just cruising along in the left lane blocking traffic, you're in a very, very small minority.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not really what I said

blinden84 had the answer I most agree with:

"I hesitate, but just long enough to beep 3 times and flash them some high beams to try and make them realize they are being an ass, then I pass them in the right lane. "

What I said was:

If you hate something other people do, and then do the exact same thing when you deem it appropriate, you are a huge, huge tool.

For example, there was a time in my life I would sit there and rant to myself while driving "Well, maybe if you put your [censored] cell phone down and just drove..." to the lady in front of me.
Then one day my cell phone rang shortly after one of these rants and I found myself doing the exact same thing I was bitching about someone else doing.

I just try to apply how I think others should act to how I should act as well.
Now this concept will surely put me in 'a very, very small minority'.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you hate something other people do, and then do the exact same thing when you deem it appropriate, you are a huge, huge tool.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a theory that many of these motorists are the same
people in your Yambag thread. Also, I think we need a
separate forum for the Massholes who invariably swarm to
any other MH's posts [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

-ZEN
Old 10-11-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
-57 in the fast lane

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
- passing on the right on the highway, especially the far right

[/ QUOTE ]

i do the latter often because of the former. however, i am normally just cruising along by myself for miles in the right lane, since it is generally wide open because every jackass thinks they need to be in the far left lane so that one is clogged to [censored] and undrivable. run-on sentences FTW.

now i'm just angry.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I had a verbal run-in with a female driver Friday after a near accident on campus.

After my close call, I pulled my car over to the curb and got out.

I then approached the other vehicle and shook my finger at the driver. I warned her to, "Watch it."

"Be careful," I said. "I have your license number, and I will call the police on you."

A male passenger then walked up and chastised me, saying, "That's my wife you're talking to."

I said, "That's your problem."

The woman then snapped back at me, telling me, "I'm going to call the police on you."

I told the woman to go ahead.

She did just that.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/10/1...driver-says-jo/

You're Joe Paterno?

[/ QUOTE ]

nice catch
Old 10-11-2007, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I had looked in my rearview, he was aleady in my blind spot. Had I not looked right as I began to change lanes, I and my family would have most certainly been seriously injured, if not killed.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is an excellent point. i ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS look over my shoulder before switching lanes. people blindly rely on their mirrors way too much. i cringe when i think about how many people just quickly check their mirror and start drifting on over, oblivious to the potential danger. luckily, i'm very aware of the problem and have an uncanny ability to tell when someone's about to do it to me.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:37 PM

ugh last night i'm behind a pickup truck when the guy throws a cigarette out the window and it hits my car, sparks flying. i was so pissed off that i got close so i could read his license plate. i want to do awful things to his car. maybe i'll talk myself out of it by the time i find out where he lives.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:42 PM

this is a copy/paste of one of the comments in an article about road rage...

[ QUOTE ]
countrygirl31 "Road-rage. Many of us have seen it or been a victim of it.

We were living in Vegas at the time. My husband was driving. We were in the very far left lane going with the flow to traffic (3 lanes of traffic). There were no cars in the middle lane (lane to our right). A car drove up behind us and rode our bumper really close. Making me nervous. I told my husband to watch the guy since we don't know what he was up to. He was inches from our bumper going about 65mph+. He then abruptly changed to the lane next to us, rolled down his window, and threw a large Big Gulp or Slurpee and our car, then some change. With no yelling, no screaming, he then drove off and a very high speed.

My husband and I couldn't believe it. we did nothing to deserve it. We were going with the flow of traffic and did nothing wrong."

[/ QUOTE ]

basically, people are oblivious and most don't even know the laws. imo flashing the highbeams is completely justified, otherwise, people like the one above will continue to drive around stupified tarding up our streets and commutes.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-57 in the fast lane

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
- passing on the right on the highway, especially the far right

[/ QUOTE ]

i do the latter often because of the former. however, i am normally just cruising along by myself for miles in the right lane, since it is generally wide open because every jackass thinks they need to be in the far left lane so that one is clogged to [censored] and undrivable. run-on sentences FTW.

now i'm just angry.

[/ QUOTE ]

First off, let's make this very clear, there is no 'fast lane' there is a PASSING lane, and if you aren't passing somebody, you don't belong there.

I do drive faster then average, I'm okay with that, I never do unsafe maneuvers, such as cutting anyone off or swerving, as soon as I pass, I get in the right lane and don't touch the left lane again until somebody is in front of me slowing me down.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:45 PM

"First off, let's make this very clear, there is no 'fast lane' there is a PASSING lane, and if you aren't passing somebody, you don't belong there."

DEPENDS ON WHERE YOU LIVE DEPENDS ON WHERE YOU LIVE DEPENDS ON WHERE YOU LIVE DEPENDS ON WHERE YOU LIVE.

I hate when people pretend this is gospel.