Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2007, 05:10 AM

Default Re: My poker database has me convinced...

Mitch,

That's only 6 trillion standard deviations. Small sample size.
Old 03-09-2007, 05:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know... I had a pretty interesting session last night. If you see, there's just no way I should have queens beat (and dealt) so many times. Got to be rigged. I know the sample is small, but come on.... RIGGED. Take a good look and decide….

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you must've been pissed when you were dealt J4 that one time.
Old 03-09-2007, 06:44 AM

The only filters I used were to have pps, SCs and unsuited connectors showing respectively, sorted by the hand, as the OP claims to have did I believe. I ran really hot in Jan during the 10k hands of 100NL I managed to play, but I didn't notice anything unusual. I am not that keen on hand frequencies but mine seem standard; a certain PP roughly 40-50 times over 10 000 hands. Surely if Party had rigged the RNG during January, it would have showed up on my stats as well?

Old 03-09-2007, 08:45 AM

I've been playing alot of the party poker trainer and I havent noticed anything out of the ordinary.. Well except that colleen keeps check raising me
Old 03-09-2007, 09:22 AM

If he likes the OP can email me his database or his Jan hh's (I don't play Party $50/100, know my way around PT pretty well and as a 40+ year old corporate attorney am just about as trustworthy as anyone he's going to find to verify his claim). He can rest assured that his screename/winrates etc will stay absolutely confidential.

All I will do is review his data and report back on whether it shows a sqewed deal. He can email me at andy@andymcnish.net.

Alterntively he could email a mod with the same data.

cheers
Old 03-09-2007, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[quote/]Anyone playing low stakes during these times must have noticed the extreme looseness at the tables (it was actually pretty fun). 60 VPIP / 35PFR was typical. A tag would be 40/30. The games were very slow something like 60-80 hands per hour. It seems to me that I was not the only one getting this pocket card distribution.[quote\]

i dont know of any major sites where there are these kind of stats for players. maybe one per table.

edit: having brain freeze on how to cut and quote, too tired to look it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok heres a good one showing stats of "the regulars"- ie the ones I played most hands against. the stats are ridiculous. u should see the fish. This is why I think someone else must have observed what I observed.

[/ QUOTE ]
There is a simple solution for why all the stats seem weird. Recently (I can't remember exactly when) a Party update caused a problem within PT where only hands you were involved in were imported. There was a patch from PT released very quickly. My bet is that OP hasn't updated his PT. This is why in the above screenshot the average player is 55/19. I have a very big datamined database of 100NL and the average player is ~33/11, nowhere near as loose or aggressive. This is also why you thought the tables were so fishy.

In the above screenshot his stats show that he folds his sb to a steal 3.xx% of the time. While it is possible OP really hates folding, it is much more likely that hands were he folded weren't imported. So instead of playing 26000 hands he has actually played ~50000. Update your PT and reimport all of the hands (if you still have them) and then post new screenshots and hopefully your numbers will be in the expected range.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:13 AM

Mitch,

Almost spit my coffee out on that one. Thanks.
Old 03-09-2007, 11:54 AM

Thank you, Wayne. OP, check this shiz out.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is a simple solution for why all the stats seem weird. Recently (I can't remember exactly when) a Party update caused a problem within PT where only hands you were involved in were imported. There was a patch from PT released very quickly. My bet is that OP hasn't updated his PT. This is why in the above screenshot the average player is 55/19. I have a very big datamined database of 100NL and the average player is ~33/11, nowhere near as loose or aggressive. This is also why you thought the tables were so fishy.

Update your PT and reimport all of the hands (if you still have them) and then post new screenshots and hopefully your numbers will be in the expected range.

[/ QUOTE ]

WINNER [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-09-2007, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and not taking in consideration that like 70% of their players use poker-tracker

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I'm sure Pat has sold over 2 million copies of PT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, my mistake, the limits I play it's easy more than 70% but there are just a few tables of them.
I clearly wasn't thinking. It could be as litle as 20%, I don't know.
The rest of my statement, I stand behind it.